Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vacuum amplifier?? Help

Im looking to locate a vacuum amplifier. I opened up my amplifier and noticed the diaphragm is all torn and shredded. Where can I find one? Anyone have one for sale? Need one asap failed smog and need to get my tags.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Look in Rockauto. go in the emissions section.
They might not call it a vacuum amplifier.......

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Im looking to locate a vacuum amplifier. I opened up my amplifier and noticed the diaphragm is all torn and shredded. Where can I find one? Anyone have one for sale? Need one asap failed smog and need to get my tags.
What is the year, series, engine size and transmission type?

Its 1978 f150 custom with the 400 motor and c6 tranny. Its also 4x4 with np205.

I was able to get one on eBay real similar to mine with the same ports and all. I received it today and installed it but I dont see my egr opening when I rev the engine. Should I be able to see my egr opening as I give it gas? Or will it only open upon driving?

Well I have a brown and yellow vacuum ported switches. That is what it's always had. I passed couple years ago. Does anyone know if their egr opens when they rev the engine?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Its 1978 f150 custom with the 400 motor and c6 tranny. Its also 4x4 with np205.
D5FZ-9E451-B .. EGR Vacuum Amplifier / Marked: D52E-9E451-B1A or B2A or B3A or 75EB-9E451-B2A / Obsolete

1978 F100/250 400 with or without CA emission / 1978/79 Bronco 351M/400 // 1975 Granada/Maverick/Comet 200 I-6 // 1975 Pinto/Bobcat/Mustang II 2.3L except CA before production date 6/2/1975.

Ford Truck Articles