Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1929 Ford Truck

I was in Texas in December to visit my son and he took us to a place near Dallas/Ft. Worth. It is the person who he works for with the stagecoaches. We were able to walk around the property and the owner showed me a truck he had in a garage. He does plan to restore the truck but he had a question about the truck. He showed me that the truck had a PTO under the bed and he didn't know if it was factory or something someone added. I looked at the manual about the truck on this site and it showed that truck did came from the factory with a PTO, The manual shows 3 different PTO's so how do we determine which one is on this truck. He is planning on getting it restored so any vendors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth would be great. Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 2014-12-10_ 1929 Truck.jpg
  • 2014-12-10_12.06.27.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
There would likely be some kind of casting number or such on the housing, but commonly what is different on PTO's is the ratio it is driven at which then determines the output speed. Can't help out much more than that on it, but is a cool old truck.

By looking at the manuals that was posted here Ford used three different PTO's. They are Detroit Harvester Design, Wood Design, and Ford Design this is what caused my question to tell which was in this truck. Thanks for the help.

Ford Truck Articles