Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

93 with 188k

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Twenty year old plow truck?

How much rust?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I can't speak much about the engine, but take a good hard look at the condition of the frame. Road salt is the absolute worst thing you can do to the truck.

Ryan

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Is there a link/pictures of the truck?

Twenty year old plow truck?

How much rust?

I havent checked it out but if the rust is bad its a no go. I had a 88 f350 mason dump that I had to retire because of rot.

The age scares me a little. I seen a lot of people who buy these old idis and fix them up.

I know the current owner wasnt plowing with it. He couldnt identify the plow mount and when I said it was a fisher he told me it wasnt. Hands down its a fisher speedcast mount. I have a speedcast blade from the dump in my yard collecting dust.

3Fa3Nb3H45E45Ke5F7caoa23b4dec20ff1eb6.jpg

3Kc3I73Nb5Nb5If5Gecao5b559242415f17e4.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I would probably pass on that one.

Wheel arch rust is normal, but the front fenders on that one are rusted as well. I would bet all the cross braces on the bed are gone too. I would also bet the floor is toast too

Fellro

Staff member
I have seen it go both ways, the outer body look good, and the bed floor and braces gone, while other times have seen cancer bad on the outside, and the under bed and cab be fine. Only way to know is get an eyeball actually on it. As far as the motor goes, it depends on care of course, but the IDI's can many times outlive the rest of the truck. I haven't generally seen the cab mounts rust out as much. My 88 is the worst I have dealt with for rust, and the cab mounts are solid. The driver's floor pan is going out now, and the inside cab corner is gone, but the cab mounts are still solid.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
I would be leary of this one..188k on a previous plow truck is some pretty hard miles reguardless .if it was me,i would look for a more suitable rig...

primetime

sawmill slave
Is it a 250 or a 350? The rust I can see does not look that bad from what I can see. I have seen a lot worse on trucks that were roadable. Considering what diesels are commanding these days the price seems pretty fair. I`ve seen worse go for more. But that is just me.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
IDI in a plow truck is probably just fine, they'll take some abuse and never skip a beat. if its a serious leak i'd get it fixed, little ones never bothered me when I had my 86. Body parts are cheap for the trucks, repro is sometimes cheaper than used.

Like Rodger said, check the frame of the truck if its solid and the truck runs/drives well there's nothing wrong with that price, might even be able to talk to guy down...

Its a 250... I always check the frame and rust/rot.

I was just concerned with the leak and how much It would cost to fix. My buddy does have a engine lift if needed. I heard its a few day job though so it will probably take him a week or more.

I think I can get him down a few hundred more. The truck comes with a ladder rack and toolbox also. I dont want the cap.

For me its the cheapest option since I have a blade for it. I could get a truck a few years newer for the same price but I would spend a grand or more on a plow for it.

Ford Truck Articles