Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What am I getting myself into lol? Dropping a 95 F350 Dually, 2WD, 351

I've been toying with the idea of a lowered full size truck with a V8. I know its dumb lol but I don't need a truck for work. I might go camping a few times a year but that's the extent of it.

Buddy of mine bought this truck for the Flatbed on it only. To be clear is a 1995 F350 2wd Dually with a 351. He was planning on ditching it for cheap afterwards. He he has a dually bed willing to sell with it.

Ill put it out there right now this truck is pretty useless especially in Connecticut. I already have a daily so im not worried about the snow. Sucks it doesn't have a diesel, im somewhat familiar with 302's not 351's but I imagine you can wake it up with a few bolt ons.

It runs pretty well, the body frame doesnt seem too bad at all, has around 146k. Im not so much worried about the motor and drive train. I've been doing a bit of research to see how much of a nightmare this will be lol. I cant find any pics of one of these trucks lowered which might be a good or bad thing. I do enjoy doing up stuff that is different.

This is the one option to lower it i've found so far...
http://djmsuspension.com/product/djm3005-34/

This is the truck in question...
eWGyT2D.jpg

The ultimate goal I think would be to drop it, get it running mint, do exhaust, intake, cam, get a real bed on it, put some wheels on it, and paint it. Nothing insane just a fun truck to tool around with it that has a some pep.

Should I prepare for the pitchforks to come out for lowering a full size truck lol??

First off, welcome to the site!

As far as opinions on lowering, to each his own, I say go for it.

I'm biased though as I'm considering setting up my '68 for autocross and road racing, it's more on the toy side anyway.

some kid who works at one of my buddy's old shops slammed and bagged at gen 1 dodge dulley with a cumins

i do know there was a lot of cutting. the frame got an axle humb welded in. adn it got a 4 link in the back. its been a few years sense i seen the truck and i dont have any pictures
but i think a lot of can be made for $800

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Those trucks look good lowered. As good as a lowered truck can look, anyway.

The 351w is a great motor that has a lot of opportunity to build for power. You're a little bit in no-man's-land with the fuel injection, so you'll have to decide to either go back to carb with a fully mechanical transmission, or go the other way and update the tune with a custom computer or something.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles