Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Quick question on headlight wiring conversion

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It works fine for my single disc player. I did wire my changer through the yellow wire though.

Nothing like a good set of cab roof running lights - I really think they make rigs look the part ;)

Not part of the thread but just an observation nonetheless hehe

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It was one of my favorite things to do to my truck :)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I wired my headlights today. What a big improvement. I would recommend this for everyone who hasn't done it. I would also suggest using the kits that were suggested. I wired it myself mostly because it gave me something to do. Thanks everyone for all the help in this thread.

headlights.jpg

Sorry I forgot to take a before picture...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Those headlights look pretty bright and I really like the cab lights. I wanted to install those on my truck and maybe someday will, but I don't have the guts right now to cut holes in my cab (not yet). Also, I did buy that Headlight harness from LMC (awhile back) and installed it. I have heard that people had trouble with the relays burning out and needing to replace them, but so far, I do like what the harness does. It was easy to install and makes a difference. I won't do much night driving anyway, but just good to have brighter lights.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Buck. The lights are a big improvement over the non halogen ones I've been driving with. I like the cab lights too. It is my favorite mod so far. It took me a good 15 minutes to drill the first hole in my cab. After that it was easy. Just measure a lot. Once you do it you won't regret it. I think I spent months deciding on putting them on. I'm glad I did.

http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=8

I bought this kit a couple weeks ago and have it on my truck now. Man what a deal, one thing I do wish is they would have made the Hot wire alittle longer so I could mount the switch to the radiator support but I can extend it I reckon. To be honest all of it is made "just" long enough to do the job they don't give much slack. As far as how it works 100% happy with it. As for the cab lights I think I will give that a go too thanks for the diagrams.

Ford Truck Articles