Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I needs some help as my name suggests

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I've had some issues with grounding on these trucks. Try double checking the integrity of the ground, or run a jumper.

Yours is a few years newer than mine but did it just all of a sudden not want to start or has this been working up to this not starting by being hard to start? The grounding issue is a very good start. When you say that you have spark, is that at the coil wire or at the spark plug? Was the CEL light on before it wouldn't start?

I had her running the night before, I was doing a burnout in our backyard and she started right up then. How do I check the ground? I checked the spark by putting a screw drive in the spark plug boot, i brought it within an inch of the block and had my brother turn the engine over and it arced. what is the CEL light?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Is it cranking? You said you "have spark" and I wonder if you mean that literally at the spark plug or just checked to see if you have a dead battery.

Ryan

Yeah its cranking over and I know the battery is good. I checked the spark at the spark plug boot by sticking a screw driver in it and holding it close to a metal surface and it arced.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well then it's not a ground issue, at least not with the battery or spark plugs.

There's only 3 things required to get a motor running. Fuel, Air, and Spark. If you're fairly confident you have spark, and it seems obvious that you don't have air blockages, then you have a fuel issue.

You said you have fuel pressure. Where did you check? The fuel rail on top of the motor or somewhere on the fuel line? There's something called the "Fuel Pressure Regulator" that might have given up on you.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah the plugs wouldn't catastrophically fail overnight. They would deteriorate, or maybe 1 plug would fail and it would still run (roughly).

What was the fuel pressure at the rail?

Ryan

40 last time I checked I used a tool my small engines teach lent me. this time I just stuck a screw driver in the same valve and it had enough pressure to sprayed me face for a good second or two, then I cycled the pump and checked the pressure again it was the same amount of force.

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
116 coolant temp sensor out of range
232 close throttle control sensor
114 air charge temp high/low
10 not a code
111 system pass

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Have you pulled a spark plug out to see if it is wet with fuel ?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts