Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had put new front turn signal and parking light bulbs in my Dent, and I had used the new LED bulbs , and they are certainly bright, way brighter than the stock 1157s, and I had also put on a set of Ford mudflaps. Nothing like a little bit of pimping my Dent and a little bit of cruising afterwards albeit just driving it to work in decent weather.smiliegitrdonesmiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I had put new front turn signal and parking light bulbs in my Dent, and I had used the new LED bulbs , and they are certainly bright, way brighter than the stock 1157s, and I had also put on a set of Ford mudflaps. Nothing like a little bit of pimping my Dent and a little bit of cruising afterwards albeit just driving it to work in decent weather.smiliegitrdonesmiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

smiliegitrdonesmiliegitrdone

After sitting for two years or so, i through some gas down the carb, started her up and drove it a few miles. Selling my red jeep soon to get the old girl on the road.

Still have the grand cherokee to DD, but ill drve the truck 1-3 times a week.

Spent the last two weeks tearing down and rebuilding the front end of my truck to eliminate the oil leak. Has new timing set 4 advanced from edelbrock. New water pump, fuel pump, soft fuel lines, fuel filter hard line from fuel pump to carb, thermostat, sleeve on Harmonic balancer, timing cover crank seal, and new gaskets all around. Seems like everything I touched was bad or damaged or had been "fixed" incorrectly. Will have new washer reservoir washer pump, overflow bottle in it tomorrow. Will hopefully be flushing the radiator and changing the oil tomorrow.

Next big piece is the wiring harness which is shot, have a new one coming from cenline. Had a wire short and burned the sheath off almost every wire in the harness. So figured easiest path was to replace it. Got all new led bulbs to go with it and new sockets all around.

Will also be trying to figure out how to replace the rear leaf spring bolt as it backed off sometime in the last 40 years and is about rusted through.

This has been an interesting start on my journey of rebuilding this 1978 f250 4x4. Happy with the 400 and 4 speed so far though. Just want more oil in the engine and less on the ground!

I will get some pics up later. Thanks to everyone who posts in forums like these. Makes fixing these old trucks fun[emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Reregistered it in AZ for $66.49 for 5 years.

Montana will let you buy a permanent registration if the vehicle is more than 10 years old. You buy 3 years worth of registration, and never have to worry again. My '78 was registered for $120 for permanent plates.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Montana will let you buy a permanent registration if the vehicle is more than 10 years old. You buy 3 years worth of registration, and never have to worry again. My '78 was registered for $120 for permanent plates.

Only in my dreams would our state/town ever have something like that....probably because it makes sense! :headbang:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Agree with that, and I'm in New York, but NY is very money hungry. Go figure, because it makes sense for us people that have the older vehicles as well.:wasntme:smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Only in my dreams would our state/town ever have something like that....probably because it makes sense! :headbang:

Agree with that, and I'm in New York, but NY is very money hungry. Go figure, because it makes sense for us people that have the older vehicles as well.:wasntme:smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

Since Montana doesn't have a sales tax, they tend to make up the difference in registration fees. The registration is also based on the value of the vehicle. It is not unheard of to pay $1000 for annual registration. If you pay $50,000 for a new vehicle, and, if the vehicle retains it's value, you will walk out of the DMV with a sore but for SEVERAL years after that.

I buttoned up some odds and ends need to make her road worthy enough for emissions and collector plates. chased and fixed tail and brake lights dropping out, fixed some burned out dash lights and wired in a cheap set of gauges. had to then finish the day off with by giving her the onions.

finally warmed up enough to install a new trans in f150. hopefully this pilot bearing stays in the crank!!!!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had put my Dent away for the winter, but I have it parked in my own driveway, covered up with my truck cover and a 12 x 20 tarp, after I had filled my fuel tanks and added Stabil and dry gas to both tanks, as well as checking my radiator to make sure that it was set to 45 below, before parking it on another 12 x 20 tarp, and then I had sprayed my undercarriage with WD-40, and put some old stainless steel wool scrubbers up my tailpipes and the usual dose of fabric softener sheets in the cab and in the engine bay for vermin deterrent. But that kind of really sucks with the nice weather and no snow, days like that I want to drive it, before the snow flies. Ah but spring isn't too far away. But winter really does SUCK sh^t for that reason. Thank goodness for DDs and Winter rats.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

took her for 70 mile shake down longest its been driven in a long time (put about 150 miles on the truck while i have it), washed her and looked her over...... many things are how worn in from sitting....time to park it and keep moving forward with the rebuild. but no hickups from the drivetrain, good working clutch and nice running 429.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I had put my Dent away for the winter, but I have it parked in my own driveway, covered up with my truck cover and a 12 x 20 tarp, after I had filled my fuel tanks and added Stabil and dry gas to both tanks, as well as checking my radiator to make sure that it was set to 45 below, before parking it on another 12 x 20 tarp, and then I had sprayed my undercarriage with WD-40, and put some old stainless steel wool scrubbers up my tailpipes and the usual dose of fabric softener sheets in the cab and in the engine bay for vermin deterrent. But that kind of really sucks with the nice weather and no snow, days like that I want to drive it, before the snow flies. Ah but spring isn't too far away. But winter really does SUCK sh^t for that reason. Thank goodness for DDs and Winter rats.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

I'm with you......I had put both of my rigs up a while back thinking we'd get some snow/salt throwdown in November and having some nice days to drive even now....oh well.....like you said, the further we get into winter, the closer Spring is!

I am grateful for my DD KR and my POS plow truck for rough winter days.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts