Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Misc. > Coming Car Shows and Events > Past Car Shows and Events

Past Car Shows and Events Post your pictures and stories of car shows and events you've attended

Old 05-31-2015, 07:18 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Owls Head Museum Spring Show 2015

Wasn't sure if I was going to, but I took a ride over to the Owls Head Transportation Museum's Spring Auto Show this weekend.

I left work shortly before noon (almost on time!) Friday, and headed east, not quite sure where I'd stay the night. On a whim, I decided to ride up Mt. Washington- the weather was perfect, and on an out-of-season weekday there was virtually no one there.

Not a road if you've got a fear of heights. (Or, for that matter, a fear of your bike. It's not that technically challenging, but for a nervous rider it would be terrifying.)

Rider's eye view:

The weather for the car show was near-perfect, too (though it wasn't quite clear enough to fly their old planes). The Lincoln Owner's Club, and Lincoln Zephyr Owner's Clubs were featured at the show, and there were more, older Lincolns than I've ever seen in one place before. Beautiful cars.

No particular rhyme or reason to these photos, or their order...commentary if I've got it.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 07:21 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute

Tilt wheels ain't nothin' new- this is a 1921 Lincoln:

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 05-31-2015, 07:26 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

There's not many cars you'll even notice parked next to an E-type Jag, and this is surely the only Chevy that I'd ever put in the foreground of this picture. (And even then, only because it's a drophead Jag. )

Of course, it's not all sunshine, curvy roads and beautiful cars...rained all the way home. So it goes, and I stayed mostly dry, and warm enough not to mind much.

--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 05-31-2015, 07:33 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics Ian!..looks like a very cool car show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful cars, beautiful scenery. I have never understood the use of an air foil on a truck that is shaped like a brick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:57 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a great ride to the show. The cars from yesteryear where beautiful with curves and style.
I'm with you Doug, why put a wing on a truck I have to laugh when I see one with one.
Randy
Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoyed the pictures, thanks.

You gotta hold the rear end down on that truck when you go supersonic.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting Ian......I've been meaning to catch one of their shows one of these years.....now that the little ones are getting bigger and better to travel with (even a few hours), we'll start doing stuff like this....I hear it advertised every year.

And that dent? Not sure....I know a lot of work and dough went into it, but still not sure!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Thanks for posting Ian......I've been meaning to catch one of their shows one of these years.....now that the little ones are getting bigger and better to travel with (even a few hours), we'll start doing stuff like this....I hear it advertised every year.
They really do a great job of making things fun for the little ones- pedal cars, build-your-own styrofoam airplanes, Model T rides...

Quote:
And that dent? Not sure....I know a lot of work and dough went into it, but still not sure!
I'm quite sure it ain't my style, but to each his own...

--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 06-01-2015, 08:03 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
That looks like you had a great trip Ian - really neat pics

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."