Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

what can i do to help my stock 5.0l??

Hey guys! My name is David and I live in South Ga. Good to meet you all. I have a F150 with a bone stock 5.0L in it and I was hoping some of you may can give me some tips on what I should do to give it a little more HP..I want to swap out the intake manifolds, add a header, cam, springs, and lifters. Maybe a different gear if I can find out what's in it now. Also anything I can do computer wise. If anyone has any parts ideas, please let me know! I'm on a tight budget, so be gentle..lol thanks fellas!!

Welcome to FTF!!

A cold air intake with a high flow filter, better coil, distributor, plugs and wires, along with bigger injectors and fuel pump would wake it up on the cheap.

Then toss on some bigger exhaust to deal with the extra air, fuel, and spark you just crammed in there.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What you've outlined is great, provided you choose components that all compliment each other.

Work with Comp Cams and see what they suggest (even if you don't buy from them in the end) because your computer will be holding it back the most. It's programmed to work in very restricted parameters, and doesn't give you a lot of wiggle room for tuning.

Are you buying new parts? Do you have anything already? Are you using any Ford parts?

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles