Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hello

drg60

drg60
just wanted to say hello to every one. i originaly came to this thread looking for parts and info as i have come into a 78 f-150. before that i was driving a 88 ranger that turned into a barbecue a while back.
Don

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Don...welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the ranger, but I doubt you'll be disappointed in the 78. What kinda parts/info are you looking for?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Welcome to FTF, and the 335 Forum!

drg60

drg60
thank you for the welcome one and all. the line about the wieniers was good i said that to someone who tried to help me put the fire out. i miss the truck but mother nature was making a mess of it with all the typical rust. i am looking for an 4v intake manifold for my truck. this truck was given to me and had alot of electrical problems. i fixed most of them but in the process of hooking up my electric fans my switch burnt out and cooked some other circuits. it was one of those lighted switches that gets grounded for the light well the light was shorted and so the story goes. i will figure it out. the truck was a flint mobile when it was delivered to me but the 351m runs all right. not sure of the milage might be 86k or186k. i will try and get some pics up soon.
Don

gotta love the dent sides! as far as a 4v intake, edelbrock and weiand both make quality peices for your application. about the 150-300 dollar range depending on where you are buying from.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I had it to do again...I'd go Weiand...but if you're looking at swap meets...you'll never find them.

drg60

drg60
i found a weiand at stafford springs this past month but it was painted siver and the guy wanted $140 and a new one is about $170

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
weiand is a better intake for higher turning than the edelbrock. edelbrock is better for a work truck.

Right...I wish I had a little more mid-high range oompf. Through the TMI testing, the Weiand actually shows better numbers in mid range, Edelbrock in the low range (but the difference between the two is almost negligible)...and the Edelbrock drops off right around 4800rpm (as opposed to the 5500 advertised) and the Weiand keeps plugging all the way through the 6k mark...as advertised. But then again...not many guys are winding up their M block that high...but it's good to know you have it if you want it. I really wish I would found TMI before I did my thing.

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
...not many guys are winding up their M block that high...

Ahem, :rolleyes:. If you set her up right a 400 will go to 6k. I often have to be carefull on the on ramps (a tach is helpfull) not to go over 5500.

I really wish I would found TMI before I did my thing.

He is the ultimate go to guy when it comes to 400 performance. When I rebuild he'll be getting a large portion of my paycheck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ahem, :rolleyes:. If you set her up right a 400 will go to 6k. I often have to be carefull on the on ramps (a tach is helpfull) not to go over 5500.

I said MOST guys...I'm right there with you...well in Red anyway...not sure the Bronco could even handle 4k...hahaha.

He is the ultimate go to guy when it comes to 400 performance. When I rebuild he'll be getting a large portion of my paycheck.

No doubt...he's a great resource...I've shot a few emails back and forth and always get prompt answers and very good people. I figure the next go round with the Bronco...it'll get the 434 treatment. However, I'm still holding out for the Barnett 496 treatment in Red.

In my opinion the rpm limmits in the engines are exagerated, 6k is fine on a 400, and if makes sense if you have power in that range, Mine has seen 6k several tmes by now, i use a weiand and TMI parts...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts