Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400 on Craigs!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ouch...been sitting for 3 years. I was kinda getting excited, but not if it's been sitting that long. It's a decent price though...I'd offer $50 for it.

3 years could be nothing more than a change of oil, if the engine ran properly before throwing it... I found my 351m 3 years ago in a gran torino that sat for 10 years, I cleaned it up, removed the oil pan and oil was fine, the only prob i had was gelly coolant in the block, it had some pasages blocked, other than that it ran fine after 10 years of sitting..

So, who knows maybe its a good project engine..

Ill post a picture of how horrible mine looked when i found it...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I pulled a 390 out of the back of a pickup and it had been sittin exposed to the weather for who knows how long. I put a wrench on the crank to see if it was free and sure enough it was free. I tore it down and I have it in my garage on an engine stand waitin to get rebuilt.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I pulled a 390 out of the back of a pickup and it had been sittin exposed to the weather for who knows how long. I put a wrench on the crank to see if it was free and sure enough it was free. I tore it down and I have it in my garage on an engine stand waitin to get rebuilt.

I don't have a garage :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts