Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 02-08-2020, 12:04 PM

sbluke55 has a spectacular aura aboutsbluke55 has a spectacular aura about
For the 7.3 electric fans can't quite keep up. The stock fan can move 3x more ai than an electric fan.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2020, 12:14 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
This, and the oversize radiator does fine. I have to go back and see what cfm, but they are as large as I could buy.
I also have them on the f350, and in low range 4x4 in the sand, it runs 195*, where I have it set, all day long.
These are set to pull, not push, and I sealed the core support so all air must pass through the coolers, radiator, and condenser

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by dustybumpers; 02-08-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:45 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good. Glad you seem to have sorted out the belt issue.

Guess I`ve gotten lucky with Blue just deleting the fan and not adding a support to the water pump sheave.

Jax, if you are planning on using that 7.3 to tow too it`s max, I wouldn`t do efans unless you can find some that are bad ass. I have Windstar fans in Blue, and a 460, and in the summer towing our 5th wheel (about 6,000 lbs ready to camp), it`ll heat up at 60 mph. The rest of the time it`s fine. Plowing, towing other trailers, just not the barn of a condo. The truck is quieter, warms up faster in the winter (not a bad thing in northern Michigan).

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:19 AM
New Ford Dieseler

Jax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Looking good. Glad you seem to have sorted out the belt issue.

Guess I`ve gotten lucky with Blue just deleting the fan and not adding a support to the water pump sheave.

Jax, if you are planning on using that 7.3 to tow too it`s max, I wouldn`t do efans unless you can find some that are bad ass. I have Windstar fans in Blue, and a 460, and in the summer towing our 5th wheel (about 6,000 lbs ready to camp), it`ll heat up at 60 mph. The rest of the time it`s fine. Plowing, towing other trailers, just not the barn of a condo. The truck is quieter, warms up faster in the winter (not a bad thing in northern Michigan).
Thanks, Primetime!

Are you sure your 5th wheel weighs 6,000?

My regular tow camper weights 6800, GVW. I don't think I have seen a 5th that weighs less than 10.

Sterling 10.3, 3.73 Limited slip, single rear wheels, bought 01 Jan 2020 w/ Engine disassembled
Old 02-12-2020, 12:15 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
A picture of that carpet in my truck. It fits fine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2020, 03:35 PM
New Ford Dieseler

Jax will become famous soon enough
Nice!

Sterling 10.3, 3.73 Limited slip, single rear wheels, bought 01 Jan 2020 w/ Engine disassembled
Old 02-19-2020, 08:52 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
Jax, my 5th wheel is just a 1994 26' Dutchmen with no slides. Claimed dry weight per the title is 4780 lbs, so I estimate 6,000 or so loaded up with fresh water and other goodies when in head out to camp mode. It doesn`t even squat either F250 I`ve pulled it with. Previous owner pulled it with a half ton. I`ve had 10, 11,000 lbs behind my trucks and it doesn`t pull that heavy.

Sorry for the thread derailment Charlie.

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:05 PM

heavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to behold
That's not a derailment, this is

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 02-19-2020, 09:06 PM

heavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to beholdheavydoc is a splendid one to behold
Dam Tapatalk screwed my pics up again

20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 PM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydoc View Post
Dam Tapatalk screwed my pics up again

Don't sweat it, kinda adds to the essence of a first class thread derail.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk