Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
Thanks fellas !
John I drool the few times Ive seen your truck so far. Love the 2 tone. Been thinking of doing mine with the dark green on top and the lighter in the middle.

1236301462.jpg

Thanks bud.....The two tone is nice BUT the chrome gives a good hiding spot for moisture and the rust takes advantage of those places,I'd be torn over which way to go!! I had actually gave some thought to changing the dark green to a teal,but keeping the factory colors is what's keeping mine so much different from the rest. If I would change anything on yours.....it would be just add the wide upper moulding and call it perfect!!

Yeah Ive got all the trim for it..........
1230859252.jpg

I stripped the truck down to have the body work and paint done but then things got really slow with this economy and I was scared to spend the 8 grand it was going to cost. So I put it mostly back together just so I could drive it till things pick back up.

1230859549.jpg

2HI2CU

NC
Good decision with this poor economy of ours....I couldn't tell from the first pic that it even had the studs for the clips for the chrome. I know it's a matter of taste on the two tones,but it's a neccesity for me with the race track trim.

I think the light green would go good with what ya got,and seeing you have the border chrome around the back of the cab.....have you given any thought to adding the other color to the roof as well? All it would take is the trim for the rain gutters,and I believe DC sells those pieces.

Yeah I like how the roof on yours looks but im not sure if it would look as good if your colors where flipped. i could do it and if it didnt look good just repaint the roof dark i guess. We'll see. 1st I gotta see business pick up before I can spend it on toys.

2HI2CU

NC
I heard that bud......I've been laid off from Freightliner for the last 2 months,I'm thinking about maybe starting up my own 73-79(and maybe more years) truck parts retail outlet.......I'm doing some home work on it now!!

Get someone who's good at photo shop to take a stab at the color changes on your truck.....that way it won't cost ya anything!!! That's how I figured out my scheme for my custom headliner in mine!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I heard that bud......I've been laid off from Freightliner for the last 2 months,I'm thinking about maybe starting up my own 73-79(and maybe more years) truck parts retail outlet.......I'm doing some home work on it now!!!

Well by God...I'll be your first customer...and I promise, it won't take me so long to pay this time...haha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That would be cool John.I would be the first one over there.Since your not that far from me.LOL

Sorry...he already sold me a radiator...haha. And besides, if he doesn't open in the next 2 weeks, I'll be home alllllllllll summer and only 20 mins from him.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I'm a couple thousand miles from him! But I just know that Ben would look after my interests and pick up parts to ship to me that i needed.....:wasntme: YelloThumbUp Kidding aside, maybe as a new retail parts dealer he would also have shipping? I know I would rather support someone here than a big store...
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHAHA...yeah I'd look out for you Dak...there's been a few times, I've made orders to DC for members, and then shipped the stuff privately because it was cheaper than going through DC...so anything to help my brethren out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Got digging through some old pics and found one of Red about a week after I got her. This pic is the first day of the 37x12.5x16.5 SSR's, swapped out a set of 35x12.5 BFG At's with less than 500 miles on them. Anyway, I bought the truck for $4000 8 years ago with a legit 86k on the clock and at the time had about 10k on the 400 rebuild. I circled the problem areas, roof was sun faded, two small rust spots...one just in front of the door on the 1/4 and one on the rear panel just before the bumper. There were also some spots where the paint was wearing through. Anyway, here she was a week after I bought her:

OriginalRed.jpg

Sorry for pic quality, don't have a scanner with me, so I took a blurry picture of a blurry pic.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Mark...that looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. What made you decide to go with white down the middle and over the cab?

here's mine .This is a picture that was on Ebay
F-250_3.jpg

that is the same original paint scheme as my truck. When it was ordered it was supposed to be opposite with silver on top and blue in the middle, but my grandfather opted for some $$$ back rather than change it. He had my truck repainted in the nineties as the Arizona sun had it's way with the original paint. I always wanted to paint it the way he wanted it.

P1010185.jpg

Here's mine. 472, Ported heads, lumpy cam, Eddy Performer rpm intake, Holly 750. Dana 60's front and rear, 4:88 gears, Detroit lockers front and rear.12inches of lift on 44's other stuff I forgot.

Damn Mark...that looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. What made you decide to go with white down the middle and over the cab?
Thanks Ben,

Thats why I bought it. The pics of the interior looked good too.

The silver just seamed to military to me. The steel wheels probably helped the look too.

The color down the middle is Cream not white. And I did the top to help reduce the heat from the sun inside the cab.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts