Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dipstick brackett, where to buy?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Do they sell these anywhere or is this something I need to find at a junk yard or on fleabay or eprey as some of you fellas referred to?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If it's welded on, I'm guessing pan removal in order?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Would that be because of heat transfer, even for the upper bracket that attaches to the exhaust manifold?

I'm going off memory.....isn't the lower piece welded at the side of the pan? where the dipstick goes into?....I can't remember if it threaded in or not.

Wouldn't be so much of heat...more access and making sure it doesn't pop a hole in the pan....maybe I just worry too much :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hmmmm.....I will go have a look at my pan

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Heat proof Zip tie? lol
I'd tack that with a wire feed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tack it on...time for a new dipstick tube...or if worse comes to worse, I think I may have a few spare pans that I'd take the tube off...but I'd have to check the shed.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Bronco Graveyard also sells the replacement tube with the bracket.

See second post in this thread.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34663

Cool....thanks.

If it's welded on, I'm guessing pan removal in order?

What about jb weld? I don't have welding equipment or even the know how....could have my mechanic weld like already mentioned but not sure about attaching a new one from jbg yet, so that's still an option. But I think it's important enough to address since constantly checking it with no top support can easily break at the bottom. I think constantly checking it on the trip from SC may have caused some damage.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If the break is where that pic is, then it's easy to tack on....JB Weld will not fix that.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If the break is where that pic is, then it's easy to tack on....JB Weld will not fix that.

Ah...ok....will have mechanic do it and check for a leak at the base like Doug mentioned.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Not pickin on you, just think it is worth saying here...

Everybody should own a welder and know the basics of welding. It's easy, and a welder that will do a passable job on various repairs like that is a $200-400 machine these days. I think its worth it for almost everyone.

Just my opinion.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Everybody should own a welder and know the basics of welding. It's easy, and a welder that will do a passable job on various repairs like that is a $200-400 machine these days. I think its worth it for almost everyone.

Just my opinion.

I hear ya....I figured a welder would come eventually but when I bought the 77 almost 4 years ago all I had was some basic household tools.

I've been building up. I have a nice compressor, air tools, sawzaw, etc....and new one day the welder would be coming...baby steps and I think I need more garage space first which I'm working on. :)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

Just my opinion.

It's on MY bucket list, too. :D

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Old Ford are cool especially the 1973 - 1979

I am the proud owner of a 1978 Ford
F-150 Ranger Lariat with a 351M v8 and an
Automatic transmission, Trailer Special
I had a 1977 F-350 Custom dual wheel truck with a 10 foot
Flatbed on it, ironically I had learned to drive on that
One it had a 351m v8 and a four speed manual transmission.
I had named that truck Grave Digger for I was
Raiding the junk yards to keep that one running.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I am the proud owner of a 1978 Ford
F-150 Ranger Lariat with a 351M v8 and an
Automatic transmission, Trailer Special
I had a 1977 F-350 Custom dual wheel truck with a 10 foot
Flatbed on it, ironically I had learned to drive on that
One it had a 351m v8 and a four speed manual transmission.
I had named that truck Grave Digger for I was
Raiding the junk yards to keep that one running.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Cool, would love to see some pics......seeing this is your first post, could probably post this in the introduction forum.

Ford Truck Articles