Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My first engine pull/rebuild - 1994 351w

Wish we didn't Cliff - six monthly here if your vehicle was made before 2000

Fellro

Staff member
You had the tranny gone through didn't you? Take it back to them and let them tell you what it is. I suspect it may be as simple as a tps sender or such. I know on the diesels when they play that game it generally gos to the sensor for determining throttle position.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My first instinct was throttle position sensor as well, judging how it's always biased to a hard shift. Yes, it's freshly rebuilt. Maybe I'll have them look it over... As much as I spent rebuilding it, it should be shifting pretty seamlessly.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
If they have any kind of customer service, they will be happy to do a quick check on it.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'll pull the codes for my own curiosity and see if it's still spitting out the TPS code.

I wonder if there are any components between the TPS and the computer, anything that could disrupt the signal and play with the voltage. The TPS is brand new and is behaving the same as the one before it.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
Wiring and connection problems can also be a issue. Ground problems can give similar type issues as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts