Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Progression of my exhaust

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Lee...you owe me two new tube socks...hahaha. Sounds great man. You'll to take some pics of the routing and whatnot when it's light out. BTW...I'm sure the neighbors reeeeeeeeally appreciated the 6k showing...hahaha.

Thanks, and will do. The first vid I took (the too long one) was nice and lit up, I even crawled underneath and got a good shot of everything. Oh, well.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I still need to post some routing pics/vid but, I did find the source of my exhaust leak.

351m/400 Pay attention here

I always thought that the exhaust leak that I had for years was due to my headers not sealing. Found out yesterday that all of this time (4+ years) I was probably wrong.

There is a soft plug located on the back end of the drivers side head (and on the front of the passenger side head), the hole that it blocks is directly ported into the exhaust. Loose the soft plug and you have a major leak. Needless to say I put a soft plug in there yesterday and I have to say, it's like I'm not even driving the same truck! Unbelievibly quieter!

It's nice after years of frustration to finally figure out the problem. The best part is that the plug was about 20 cents!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds good! A little off topic but I like the valve covers. I have M/T valve covers on my 302. Found them in junkyard for $5.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yo Lee...thanks for the update. Congrats on TOTM

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts