Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'67-'72 crew cabs

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So I've been seeing a few of these around lately, almost bought one a few months back as well but my question is this, did Ford ever make them in a LWB variation???

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All I see r shorts. Guess all the more they sold they just used and existing frame???

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Yeah,I remember that truck.
Heres one:
20Rusty.jpg

21Rusty.jpg

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
High Boy Crew Cab

This pictured Crew Cab has been jacked waaay up.

These and the Regular Cab F250 4WD's (1967 thru 1977.5) are called a "High Boy" by some, but Ford only lifted "High Boys" 4 inches...this thing is ridiculous.

One a the member of t'other site has an exact duplicate of this truck, but it's stock height, not jacked up all out of reason.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
All longbed crews came as 2wd frome the factory. Or so says ford. Anyone notice that one has 2 transfer cases?
Ford? Which Ford, both 'ol Henry & "The Deuce" are dead.

Where did you hear that all long bed CC's are 2WD?

I've seen both 2 & 4WD's, and when they were branny new, not 20 some years after the fact.

Don't forget, even tho Ford introduced their own 4WD's in 1959, Marmon-Herrington continued to convert 2WD F Series trucks to 4WD for many years...at least thru 1980.

If the customer requested 4WD on trucks that Ford didn't offer 4WD for, Ford sent the vehicle to M-H to be converted. They did that in the 1930's, the 1970's, and every other decade in between.

M-H also converted Ford Station Wagons...woodie Station Wagons, that is, to 4WD.

At the '40's Limited car/truck show held in Anaheim CA on 6/22/2008, a fellow had a 1946 Mercury woodie that was a M-H conversion.

According to all the research he had done, M-H converted exactly three Merc wagons (from any yr) to 4WD.

Last edited:
That truck right there is not a factory 4wd. First off the front spring hanger is a handmade job and i can still see the bottom of the 2wd cross member.

Bill i dont consider a M-H conversion a factory truck because it didnt come off the assembly line that way. And from what ive seen of there conversions an 8 yr old autistic kid with a bucket of bolts and a cresent wrench could have done a better job. If Ford made a lwb crew in 4wd i want to see it. Ive been doing reaserch for 3 yrs and have yet to see a longbed in factory 4wd form.

I have never seen a 67-72 crew before but the one in that picture sure is something. When did ford start offering crew cabs?

Ford Truck Articles