Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2017 F150 Limited

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ok, a beef.....a big beef.
Seems Ford has capitulated to the granolas and it defaults to shutting the engine off every time you come to a stop.

Hmmmm....where to start...maybe the wear and tear on multiple starts?...when was that where most engine wear happens again?

Won't even go near the idea of a quick acceleration like a left turn if it feks up.

Of course, there is a button to disable it, but why the hell do it that way?...why not give the option to turn it on?

Oh right, that would not fit in with the carbon kool aid

I will be looking for a programmer to eliminate this assinine piece of green gayness.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Ok, a beef.....a big beef.........

........the carbon kool aid

........this assinine piece of green gayness.

LOL, please tell us how you really feel. But since you can disable the ghey technology, why do you want a tuner (which will probably void a portion of the warranty)? Or is the disable just for one drive?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
She is very happy, it's nearly as quiet as the Lincoln....also has the 36 gallon fuel tank.

With the rear seats folded up there is a shitload of CAT BED area as well.

Nice!

Congrats on the new ride!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's probably part of the CAFE standards, where they have to get the whole fleet's average MPG up to a certain number to appease the government gods.

Thank you sir, may I have another.

Ryan

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Ok, a beef.....a big beef.
Seems Ford has capitulated to the granolas and it defaults to shutting the engine off every time you come to a stop.

Hmmmm....where to start...maybe the wear and tear on multiple starts?...when was that where most engine wear happens again?

Starters fail. What's changed is where they usually failed in your garage or a parking lot, it'll now happen on the freeway. During a pouring rainstorm, or 11 o'clock @ night.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Starters fail. What's changed is where they usually failed in your garage or a parking lot, it'll now happen on the freeway. During a pouring rainstorm, or 11 o'clock @ night.

This crossed my mind, and I'm sure they did something to strengthen these and make them have longer lives, but still! There's no way they can be used so much.

Imagine the stop & go traffic in the city, where you are hitting stop lights every 2-3 blocks. That's asking for early detonation.

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I once had to sign a Civic Hybrid out of the fleet at work for a day.

It would shut off at stops, but being a hybrid would start to move as it was restarting. The transition from pure-electric to gas power, as it took off, felt exactly like a manual shift car on the verge of stalling.

Let's just say it took a few times before my feet got the memo about not having to react to that sensation...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I once had to sign a Civic Hybrid out of the fleet at work for a day.

It would shut off at stops, but being a hybrid would start to move as it was restarting. The transition from pure-electric to gas power, as it took off, felt exactly like a manual shift car on the verge of stalling.

Let's just say it took a few times before my feet got the memo about not having to react to that sensation...

Newer Prius and Fusion Hybrid have reduced/eliminated that sensation. It still feels weird rolling up to a stop and having the engine kill as you touch the brakes (which aren't really brakes- it's the generator slowing the car down until the last few seconds). The transition's pretty seamless though, given they motor on electric, gas, or both depending on the traffic conditions and what you're asking the car to do.

That would suck... be pulled out in an intersection waiting to make a ninja left at the light change and realize your engine is not running :rofl:
No kidding, that would be enough to make a bulldog break it's chain!

Those ninja turns are a necessity at times or else you'd get nowhere in an urban environment.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
just hope ya dont ever have an accident in it. They do their job. the quality appearance post repair going by FORD OEM repair procedure looks like hammered dog poop. especially if put a bedside on it.

oh and HI DUNCAN! lmao

Ford Truck Articles