Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Who still "works" their 73-79's??

this is my mobile welding/logging/scrapping daily driver and crossing the scrap scales at 13582lbs id say she still works. She wasnt happy on the hills but did it.

IMG_1704_zpsdaa58cb4.jpg

Who needs a engine hoist!

Derek.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had hauled 14 eight foot landscape timbers, three bags of mulch, and three bags of topsoil for projects at home. My Dent handled the job rather well and easier than my 07 Chevy Colorado which is my Daily Driver, my Dent has an eight foot bed, wher my Colorado has a six foot bed.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
IMG_1704_zpsdaa58cb4.jpg

Who needs a engine hoist!

Derek.

It is a fabulous picture, but it's still hard to believe you work this beauty like this in it's condition....beautiful rig.

It is a fabulous picture, but it's still hard to believe you work this beauty like this in it's condition....beautiful rig.

Thanks guys! I don't think I'll ever be able to drive her in the winter or through a mud hole, but when it comes to hauling and towing, I won't shy away!

Derek.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Always always always loved that truck, Derek. If that's the one you drove all those hours to pick up, I thought you were crazy, but after the pics...I knew why.

Always always always loved that truck, Derek. If that's the one you drove all those hours to pick up, I thought you were crazy, but after the pics...I knew why.

That is the one! Appreciate the kind words man! Can't believe I went for it either, but 3/4 ton dents are almost extinct in my area! :rofl:

Derek.

Do you see it? :)

IMG_0016_zps2be2e8b4.jpg

Also drove it to the city last weekend and went for supper with a couple of my friends. Over 170 miles I averaged 11.3 MPG, Not bad for a 300-325 H.P. 390 FE. It's only been getting better, as this engine only has 2000 miles on it since I built it.

Derek.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very cool....I see it....an early morning fishing trip or coming back at night?

I've said it before...this is one of my favorite threads......just because these old work trucks are tanks! Even though my two are strictly tool around town and only carry passengers for loads.....it still makes me smile when I see these rigs still working.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
The other day, when I was out with my Dent, I ended up getting 16 bags of mulch and a small tropical Hibiscus plant, and I have also hauled 14 eight foot long landscape timbers, couldn't have hauled the timbers with my Chebby Colorado without leaving the tailgate down and being over length, I just put 'em in the box of my Dent , being a long bed and closing the tailgate. But I prefer to haul trophies from car shows and cruise mine.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Do you see it? :)

IMG_0016_zps2be2e8b4.jpg

Also drove it to the city last weekend and went for supper with a couple of my friends. Over 170 miles I averaged 11.3 MPG, Not bad for a 300-325 H.P. 390 FE. It's only been getting better, as this engine only has 2000 miles on it since I built it.

Derek.

Very nice! Looks like the ice is gone finally.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The other day, when I was out with my Dent, I ended up getting 16 bags of mulch and a small tropical Hibiscus plant, and I have also hauled 14 eight foot long landscape timbers, couldn't have hauled the timbers with my Chebby Colorado without leaving the tailgate down and being over length, I just put 'em in the box of my Dent , being a long bed and closing the tailgate. But I prefer to haul trophies from car shows and cruise mine.

Amen to that! smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Oh......that being said, I am still in search of the final Ford to my fleet though.....a nice work truck dent that I can plow and haul with.

Very cool....I see it....an early morning fishing trip or coming back at night?

I've said it before...this is one of my favorite threads......just because these old work trucks are tanks! Even though my two are strictly tool around town and only carry passengers for loads.....it still makes me smile when I see these rigs still working.

Thanks guys, this was late at night, just getting off the lake! First time this year.

Derek.

Ford Truck Articles