Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v3...the Dents we find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Call me a skeptic, but every time I see this or anything that resembles this:

That seller out there has been pretty well exposed.....is this him with a new wrinkle??

That sure looks and smells like him.

On edit, one more thing:

The words 'frame off' and the word 'restoration' should not be used in the same sentence in reference to this truck....

x2 on that.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Call me a skeptic, but every time I see this or anything that resembles this:

That seller out there has been pretty well exposed.....is this him with a new wrinkle??

The other thing that again to me doesn't make a lick of sense is the under body of the truck untouched.....why? Why would you take the cab off of the frame and not touch the under body? For what reason did they take the cab off of the frame?

On edit, one more thing:

The words 'frame off' and the word 'restoration' should not be used in the same sentence in reference to this truck....

This are good points and I'm not trying to be an optimist here (cause the price is getting a little out of reach, getting to 15k so fast is a concern) but it can be a selling point that they are looking at original panels that are 36 years old and still looking pretty strong, especially if someone is going to use this rig as a work truck or daily driver.

Here's what he says:
The bottom of the truck was untouched... I have included pictures to show just how nice it is with nothing hidden!

And maybe this is why the cab was removed:
All of the body parts were stripped of their original paint and straightened.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^I'm just throwing it out there.....you fellas know I'm no expert. :wavey:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Also, I'm not trying to talk myself into this rig, but in this guys feedback, he has no negatives (although only 23 transactions in the last 12 months), one neutral, but received positive feedback on these sales:

$39k 5 Window Ford
$15k Bel Air
$23k Model A
$22k Chevelle
$30k Bel Air

I like this one:
$15k F100
Love my truck, description was bang on and I would from him again

Disregard my previous statements....I just re-read the description and nowhere does it say he removed the cab or was the phrase 'frame off' used....

YES SIR.....PLEASE DON'T STOP NIT PICKING.....we have time and who knows, maybe Scott will have another one done in a few years and I'll just buy that one!

Wifey and I know we won't find one exactly like the 77, but we believe there's one out there (btw, she was pissed when she found out about Scott's black dent and would've bought that one not even knowing we were having another boy - thinking maybe a daughter would be into receiving a classic truck as a gift also) that will suffice.

Now that is a good wife, thinking ahead for the future youngin looking for a dent.

So help me God...if you outbid me on his 79 350...I WILL kick a puppy.

Seems I won't have a hard time selling the Supercab with you 2 around If it ever happens. smilietease

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Now that is a good wife, thinking ahead for the future youngin looking for a dent.

Seems I won't have a hard time selling the Supercab with you 2 around If it ever happens. smilietease

Give me your address so I can send you a retainer check! I have confidence we'll outbid Benny Boy - he's busy playing with Mustangs and Lincolns to deal with a restored dent!....You're work is amazing. I still can't stop looking at your black dent in your sig...hope you never delete it, I was a few months too late or I would have flown to you with a bag full of cash! That was one nice rig!

We're really excited to be able to pass our current 77 down to our first son and son #2 on his way in a month or so is getting the one you're building now. :wasntme:

Give me your address so I can send you a retainer check! I have confidence we'll outbid Benny Boy - he's busy playing with Mustangs and Lincolns to deal with a restored dent!....You're work is amazing. I still can't stop looking at your black dent in your sig...hope you never delete it, I was a few months too late or I would have flown to you with a bag full of cash! That was one nice rig!

We're really excited to be able to pass our current 77 down to our first son and son #2 on his way in a month or so is getting the one you're building now. :wasntme:

:rolling laugh: Thats funny as hell. I'll keep ya in mind iffin it ever comes down to sellin it. Right now though I think I'm hanging on to it for a while. I just called my painter, the same that painted the Bronco, to come on over and take a look at it and let me know when he wants it.

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Nice of you to visit , Scott !

Yep I've been kinda slackin on the forum posting Mark. I still stop in from time to time to see how the sites going and read some posts. I also don't mind taking a peek at the ole truck up top. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles