Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New project

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Well i have this truck around for bout 8 or 9 months and dropped about 200 bucks into it so far......not really done much of anything with it had a few trade offers come along but they all fell through...sooooooo I'm gonna build it the way i want for a goofin off truck......it's got a 351M 2bbl I think a mild cam C6 and 1356 case......tradin the case for an NP435 which MIGHT go in there...but I'm thinkin the automatic will do just fine for now.....It's also got the original NP203 layin in the back which Tony is reluctantly (yea right I can hear the excitement in his snout) trading me for a NP205 married case.......he wants to build a doubler for sumthing...probly that mower of his...got 3.55 gears front and rear but the front is gettin swapped out this weekend for a 2wd front.....don't worry I got another TTB front layin around for it with same gears......hmmm Tony I need to call you..anyways.Bought the truck for 500 bucks runnin drivin everything body is in pretty good shape it's got 75k original miles on it and it's an 80....dropped another 200 or so into it to fix the brakes.....and that's it so far.I'm gonna go for the low gear crawler type thing so when i need that extra pull it's there.....If me n Tony work something out it might just get an HP dana 44.......and twin sticked.Thanks guys and later.I got a vid I'll post up on it....

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
NEVERMIND! My buddy who I got the truck from came over Friday night while I was workin on her and we started her up......He wanted her back.Well I was sittin on my buddy's tailgate in the driveway and he's just sittin in it listenin to it revvin her up...he shuts it off and walks over to me.Dude I'll trade you.I said..how many beers have you had?He says 3 but I'm not drunk (which is definately true usually takes about a case for him) and I said if you're sure then alright gimme the keys to the diesel.Long story short....I just got me an 89 F250 SC diesel with a ZF 5 speed 4x4 long bed with dual tanks.....gawd I'm drooling already...he took the 80 home last night but I don't have the diesel over here yet and we haven't swapped titles...far as he's concerned it's a done deal.....not much I gotta do to this truck though.....the injector pump is supposedly bad but I'm gonna ask questions bout that.Later.

PS Tony, I still need the NP205 bud.
EDIT: Here's pics of when he was tryin to sell it....http://chuckstrucks.iforumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=39494&highlight=&mforum=chuckstrucks

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
haha damn thats a fast project! lol! congrats on the diesel

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well u got something out of it . I'd say th new truck is worth just a little more mooooola

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts