Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tool box installed!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
For those of you who didn't see the other thread, I got a diamond plate utility box for my bday yesterday! It was purchased at Tractor Supply Co; it's actually just a rebadged Dee Zee box. It's a bit smaller than the dimensions of my bed (both in height and width) which I didn't initially like very much but now it's grown on me after getting it in my truck. I thought about spacing it up to the height of the rails with square metal tubing but I like it sitting below like it is now :) And whats nice about the extra room on the sides is that I can still put a long 2x4's and such on the side of the box and now have to remove it :) And lastly, the slope at the bottom of the box is nice because the actual footprint of the box is really only about a foot long, so my bed is not drastically shortened by having the box. Oh yeah and it's got a sliding sectional tool tray too!

I've started to fill it already. The pics show my Craftsman toolset and a yellow nylon rope. I also just bought a tall/narrow Plato tool box for storing assorted fluids (ATF, motor oil, coolant, etc). Also gonna get some jumper cables and tow straps; maybe a small floor jack too.

I'm very satisfied with it. I know, I know, LETS SEE THE PICS!

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think I have that same Craftsman set in the back of my Ranger. Plus one of these (but in red) filled with all my other tools.
65628_toolbox1.gif

I highly recommend a floor jack; I carry a crappy old one and a pair of jackstands. A good four-way lug wrench is well worth having, too.

*My truck may have more miles than any of my friends, but my tools still spend more time fixing other peoples stuff than mine.

EDIT: forgot to actually type it... Looks good. I've never really been a fan of the traditional toolboxes, either for looks or convenience, but I do like that a lot.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Oooo 4 way, fire extinguisher, ratchet straps, jack stands. All things I wanna keep in there. Keep the suggestions coming! I'm keeping a running list.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Please be honest, if you think it looks dumb tell me so I can fix it. My POV seems to always be different from everyone else, lol.

Michigan
Beer and a tow strap.. Well thats what mine would have in it n e ways!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
one of these days im gonna take a pic of my toolbox and ALL the stuff i have in it. probably tomorrow, so BUMPITY BUMP BUMP till tomorrow!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It's a stroked 393. I do have straight axles for ya. Just come and oick them up.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Are you in the wrong thread, Tony?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Chris said that he'd buy me a toolbox if I gave him strait axles and a stroker motor. In this thread. And yes I'm hootched a bit. :p

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
44 fronts. 1 60 front. 9 in rears 1 sterling 10 1/4 rear.

You can oink up the 44. Not the 60. lol

Ford Truck Articles