Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Emissions equipment

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So it's come to the time that I'm getting ready to sell my '93 F-150 and I'm trying to get it back to stock (or what it was when I purchased it) and this means exhaust, more importantly catalytic converter. The old one got to the point that it was so plugged that the truck flat wouldn't run right so I just lopped it off and fabricated my own stuff.

Now that I need to get it replaced I'm trying to find a replacement that'll attach to the Y pipe and over the c-member like the factory unit w/o having to spend an arm and a leg.

Anybody have a good source for this stuff?

Thanks,

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Buddy bought a couple of tiny little universal cats pretty cheap online... I think they were like $50 apiece, and I'm pretty sure he said that one was enough for his SB Chevy, but he wanted to run true duals.

Think he bought 'em from Summit, or maybe Jegs.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know most wrecker will not sell one ones . If I need one to sell a Truck I just start looking at the parts truck advertised. If lucky I can get a factory ypipe even if does need a CAt put back on. Still cheaper than new one. Good luck on search

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I've got a Y-pipe, picked it up for $20 on Friday, just need the converter and I think I have the original pipe that attaches to the OEM piece so I just need an in between...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not sure about your setup but mine came with two cats from the factory: one was a 2-in/1-out (served as my y-pipe) and the other was just a 1-in/1-out. When I had my exhaust done I replaced them both with Magnaflow cats which I found on ebay and craigslist (1 on each) for $40 and $50 respectively (brand new). Have a look at Magnaflow's website and it'll tell you which cat's are a direct replacement for yours, then take that model number to ebay and type it in. My exhaust guy welded it all up and it looks DAMN near stock.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
His/mine would be the same . But we can put 1 hiflo CAt on in place of it .

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If your state does a visual inspection for emissions just make sure you match the number of cats that was factory on the truck. In California, they're SUPPOSED to look at make sure that there are a total of TWO cats under the truck, regardless of how well they perform compared to stock. Whether they do or not, I have no clue. I just figured, play it safe and install two.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts