Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Signal housing studs

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Anybody know where I can get just the studs for the signal housing? I stopped by the dealer and they only sell them as a unit with the housing
to the tune of $62, and the salvage yards say there might be a chance of finding them in or around the trucks in their yards... This is all for my '93.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Call me tomorrow evening and remind me to look. I may have some.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'll check the scrap pile But I got her cleaned up just about . Got broken ones there. I think .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Nope cleaned up to well .

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Pardon my stupidity, just what the hell are studs for the signal housing?

Something to do with the parklamp perhaps?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I think he means the studs that screw into the back of the turn signal housing.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yup, what Tony said... Went to the salvage yard today and found one truck that still had the whole assembly so I robbed all the screws and mounting hardware off of its one side.... Compared them to the '87-'91 trucks and they are in fact the same pieces so now I know that there's another part between '87-'97 that will interchange...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The correct Ford nomenclature is parking lamp.

It comes as an assembly (body & lens) and has threaded studs attached.

The headlamp attaching parts are sold separately.

Signal housing, that's a new one on me...I wondered what the heck is this?

Something in the steering column? Some sort of lens?

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The correct Ford nomenclature is parking lamp.

It comes as an assembly (body & lens) and has threaded studs attached.

The headlamp attaching parts are sold separately.

Signal housing, that's a new one on me...I wondered what the heck is this?

Something in the steering column? Some sort of lens?

U answerer your own question .As did Most of the posts . That housing with studs attached . He needed the studs they turn right out .

As for correct term for this item . Well in a few aftermarket catalogs its a ""Signal""" Assembly

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
U answerer your own question .As did Most of the posts . That housing with studs attached . He needed the studs they turn right out. As for correct term for this item . Well in a few aftermarket catalogs its a ""Signal""" Assembly
A signal assembly could refer to a: front lamp, a rear lamp, side marker light, or a turn signal switch. I find the term "signal assembly" confusing.

All the Ford Parts Catalogs since the 1930's and the Mitchell Manuals (crash books body shops use) call it a parking lamp.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
A signal assembly could refer to a: front lamp, a rear lamp, side marker light, or a turn signal switch. I find the term "signal assembly" confusing.

All the Ford Parts Catalogs since the 1930's and the Mitchell Manuals (crash books body shops use) call it a parking lamp.

Yes it could u right . But the rears have no studs and the switch is inside. truck .

Basically I have had 2 replace several over the years and knew what he was talking about . So to some one who has not worked on them it would be confusing .

But even LMC calls it a park/signal assembly so we r both right. smiliegitrdone

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts