Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

08 F350 Tips n Tricks and ?

There are a few things I'd like to know that I have not been able to find yet about this truck. Hope someone with experience can guide me a little.

1st: When I park and turn the key off the interior light comes on...and there is no way to turn it off until I open the door and shut it again..PITA..lol

2nd: My truck came with only 1 key and no remote lock keyfab. Any suggestions. Can the number be changed for the door keyless entry keypad?

3rd: I went to change the intake air filter and the K&N I bought is 1/3rd the thickness of the paper filter that is was there. Does that sound right? The book at the zone said I have the right filter. K&N seems too thin. Any idea?

4th: How to I turn off the no seatbelt dinging? I did it in my F250 but forgot how.

Thank you in advance

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
RE:

1st and 4th - have you looked in the owners manual?

3rd: Return the offending filter and install a quality brand paper air filter such as a WIX or a Motorcraft.

2nd: "Any suggestions." I'll assume you have PATS and thus need a new PATS key. You would have to confirm this in the owners manual but typically Ford requires you to have two unique PATS keys in order to program a third. This so as to make it more difficult for people such as parking lot attendants from copying your key. So.......and assuming you need to program a second key you have two choices: a) DIY using FORscan (you will need a license and the FORscan team can help you with that) or b) either a Ford dealer or a locksmith with the programming equipment. what you do not want to do is go clone your current key, mostly for the programming reason just described.

On the remote, again, I'll assume you have the pad on the door and thus this confirms the vehicle has an RKE system. So, programming them will be discussed in the owners manual, and to buy them ebay can help. As for changing the code, to the best of my knowledge the code is "burned" into memory in a module when the vehicle is built and will not be changeable or if it can (would need to get your hands on a FSM), will require a dealer visit or perhaps usage of FORscan to reprogram. Regardless of what code is in there, you might want to know that the RKE systems in vehicles aren't very secure, and for ~$20 worth of electrical components, a determined person who isn't a genius nor a rocket scientist can build a device that will grab a code and they can that code to enter the vehicle. But just one time. Something to think about if you are in a parking lot, push your remote to lock the vehicle and it doesn't work on the first attempt, and you know for a fact that your RKE system is working correctly and the remote has a good battery. Or.....just don't leave things in the vehicle that invite problems.

3rd: Return the offending filter and install a quality brand paper air filter such as a WIX or a Motorcraft.

***Suggestion on PATS keys. Stratec is OEM and aftermarket chinkanese PATS keys that cost a few bucks less do have a history of both erratic operation and failed operation. I'm sure you can guess what happens when the key can't do a "handshake" with the vehicle when a start is attempted. Something else you might want to look into.......over on the Stratec website it's noted that some Ford vehicles can accept a key with a remote built into it. Something to maybe consider but it's important to make sure that the key with the built in RKE is in fact, compatible with your MY and model of vehicle.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Because they only pick up the big dirt, and let the small dirt in.Think of it as sand blasting the cylinder walls.
The oil catches the small dirt, but how many times are you going to clean and oil it

I run Motorcraft filters in all my Fords.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Detailed discussions on oily air filter VS quality paper filters usually go about the same as brands of oil and filters. So with that said, I'd encourage trolling the interwebz as there will be no shortage of thoughts.

Edit: Next time you're under there, might want to check the status of the mounts for the fuel tank, shocks, springs, spare tire, etc etc.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles