Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 6 supercab brake cable

Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction for finding replacement brake cables for a 77 F-150 supercab? (155wb) I foolishly got the E brake cable set from LMC, and didn't take in to account that the SC would need different length. I don't have the old cables to be able to measure lengths.

Thank you
Jared

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Did you try the local auto parts stores for your Emergency brake cables? Check Advance auto parts, NAPA, and Autozone. Also check with your local Ford Dealer, they just might have someone there that can look that up for you, and they might be able to see what other years might interchange with yours. I'm assuming that your f-150 Super Cab has the 8 foot bed on it judging by the length of the wheelbase at 155 inches. Hopefully this will help yousmiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

Thank you for the replies. I've taken a shot in the dark during the day today, since I couldn't find my way back to this thread. I'm hoping that Wagner brake parts aren't junk. It looks from the Wagner page that the rear brake cables may be the same between the 133,139,155 wheelbase. I'm assuming this because they only specifically differentiate the wheelbase for the front cable. http://www.wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part (1977-ford-f150) When it arrives (3-5 days), we will give it a shot. If that doesn't work I'll try the Ford dealership or Mac's Antique. (thanks big jim f150 and fatherdoug)

Thank you for the replies. I've taken a shot in the dark during the day today, since I couldn't find my way back to this thread. I'm hoping that Wagner brake parts aren't junk. It looks from the Wagner page that the rear brake cables may be the same between the 133,139,155 wheelbase. I'm assuming this because they only specifically differentiate the wheelbase for the front cable. http://www.wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part (1977-ford-f150) When it arrives (3-5 days), we will give it a shot. If that doesn't work I'll try the Ford dealership or Mac's Antique. (thanks big jim f150 and fatherdoug)

How much is of the cable parts are gone?
I know my truck has a swing arm devise in which 2 cables split off through
turn buckles.

Ford Truck Articles