Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Got a price today on the only snow tire available in 235/65/16....Nokian....

On the bright side, Nokians are about the best snow tires available...

*Honestly, with the [stupid] TPMS sensors, I'm not sure it really makes sense to have a second set of rims anymore... I got lucky and found a set of Ranger take-offs with sensors for a good price, but at OEM list price it's a lot of tire swaps before they pay for themselves.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
On the bright side, Nokians are about the best snow tires available...

*Honestly, with the [stupid] TPMS sensors, I'm not sure it really makes sense to have a second set of rims anymore... I got lucky and found a set of Ranger take-offs with sensors for a good price, but at OEM list price it's a lot of tire swaps before they pay for themselves.

Thanks about the Nokians.

I wasn't sure what to do....part of me was waffling on just getting the tires changed on the rims.....but given that I would have to make appts ect to get them changed it just seemed easier to get a second set of rims....of course that was before I saw the freakin' price.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Aside from probably wearing quicker, how are the nokians on dry pavement?

From what I have read, good....but will wear quickly.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How many miles do they last if you run them year-round?

Think I read 40k maybe....won't be doing that....I'm putting on about 20k per year...so hoping for 3 Winters out of them

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Which line of Nokians?

I just pulled a set of Nordmans (their cheaper line) off my Ranger...I got three winters and then another three summers out of 'em, about 49,000 miles total. Still had enough tread to get some traction, but they were very loud and badly cupped by the end.

2BCE77AD-438A-4076-A07B-2130F609698E_zpslfyfkz6i.jpg

Obviously, this truck isn't loaded as heavily, but these are just passenger tires, not even light-truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Which line of Nokians?

I just pulled a set of Nordmans (their cheaper line) off my Ranger...I got three winters and then another three summers out of 'em, about 49,000 miles total. Still had enough tread to get some traction, but they were very loud and badly cupped by the end.

2BCE77AD-438A-4076-A07B-2130F609698E_zpslfyfkz6i.jpg

Obviously, this truck isn't loaded as heavily, but these are just passenger tires, not even light-truck.

Hakkapeliitta Cargo C...whatever the hell they are....non studded

What do you expect to get out of the summer tires? 60ish?

I hope so...I'm not sure what they come with but it will be an all season...so maybe 4-5 years out of those and hopefully 3 or more from the Winters.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
:post pics: of duncans new toy...

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Saw a couple of these being unloaded at the Ford dealership in Laurel, MT yesterday. One was gray. It looked nice.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't tease me Doug!

Going to go look at shelving stuff over the Christmas break.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Van was being built on the 25th...so delivery in a month or so. Went and looked at shelving.
I should have known that the "Smart Space" stuff was going to be hopeless....So we are going with some steel shelves that they make on site and some locking drawers on proper glides from Adrian Steel.
Whole package including the partition should weigh around 500#.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Saw an ad for these for the first time on National TV the other night. They looked pretty nice.

I stopped at the dealer on the way home on a chance they had some on the lot, which they did...just to get an idea of the interior.

They are very nice....I stood inside a tall roof one, thinking around 6'6'' of clearance.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts