Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Target leaving Canada, closing all stores

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Seems like Target is focused on clothing, which they have a lot of. Hardware, automotive, sporting goods are sadly lacking.

Having said that, I enjoy Target, because the crowds are usually minimal.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Target has only been in New England for a few years now.....I guess they were big out west and south. I liked them, but wally world seems to be the big dog everywhere these days.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Wow, can you infect them here in the States as well? Never cared for Target, selection sucks and better deals to be had at Dollar General.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's like Wal Mart, except tailored for women. They cut out automotive, hardware, and sporting goods and focus more on grocery and clothes.

Ryan

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
It's like Wal Mart, except tailored for women. They cut out automotive, hardware, and sporting goods and focus more on grocery and clothes.

Ryan

Exactly. Target is a place to go if you're looking for towels, small appliances, and maybe a shower curtain. WalMart had everyone in mind, camping gear, sporting goods/ammo, unbeatable prices on automotive fluids and MC oil filters, the yard/garden department, and cheap clothing, the kind you wear when you know you're going to destroy it and you don't care. And those old school buses that people are living in out in the parking lot (and piddling on the ground at 2:00AM)....feel free to lay on your horn as you drive by. :D

Trips to WalMart are like a first time adventure to a foreign country, you never know what strange, bizzare, crazy thing(s) you will see. Always always always bring your phone in the store (for the camera).

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Naw, I just whip out the cam and snap away. Fat person driving a Fat Cart with excess body Fat drooping below the seat.....snap that pic and dream about removing the wide load label off the semi in the parking lot and putting it on the back of the Fat Cart! :D

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
You're right, Wal Mart is a grab bag of humanity. Some people are too uppity to go in there, but I'm not.

Ryan

X2. There are some things I wold never consider buying from that place but on the other hand, I'm like most people, I don't mind getting a deal on things. So when WallyWorld trumps so many other stores because they have the buying power and clout to get discounts for buying en mase, and they pass it on to people like me, you and anyone else, well hell yeah, I'll "cross the line" and go there.

People don't like WallyWorld being saturated with China stuff? Go to Sears, Target, Shopko, etc and buy the same thing for more money. Or better yet, lobby your elected officials to stop giving special treatment and terms to the 1 percenters, since they are the BIG winners here.

Trips to WalMart are like a first time adventure to a foreign country, you never know what strange, bizzare, crazy thing(s) you will see. Always always always bring your phone in the store (for the camera).

First time i went there i actually realized all those email photos you see of the "wally world people" are really true..... i took my mate into one last year when we were over in California and the look of disbelief and amazement on his face damn near made me pee myself laughing.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The latest. Target has started it's liquidating sales in the stores now. So far not really any big savings to be had.

Usually there isn't....not until the very last days anyways.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm going to buy all their jewelry and set up shop just down the street from Ben's place. :wasntme:

Hope you have patience....he's going to do a lot of research! smilietease

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Hope you have patience....he's going to do a lot of research! smilietease

Yes. In fact, I think I will call it Patience Jewelry.

"You've waited a long time for this. Why should we be any different?"

Ford Truck Articles