Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Ranger/Bronco II

Ranger/Bronco II Mazda B-Series

Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM
4xford

racsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really nice
the "green machine" '93 4.0 4x4

a few pics are from when i first got it.
still clean & green!

with winter rims:

last summer without cap :

and with the trailer:

pictures--> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154582...h/37156884305/
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 AM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking truck.
Is the spare tire holder with the lug wrench store bought , or did you make it ?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
nice looking truck.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Nice truck. Like the spare tire holder also
Randy
Old 01-14-2014, 06:21 PM
4xford

racsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really niceracsan is just really nice
the spare holder isnt what it seems, theres a eye bolt on the bedside, the washer, hook and big wing nut that retain the spare to the bedside are out of the truck of a '77 nova. the 4-way bar is held to the tire with a rubber strap. i much prefer the spare in the box rather than underneath, and the way ive got it stored its not really in the way, stays clean, easily accesible.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 PM
4xford

latest photo with the new wheels/tires on. defintly a not a tire/wheel combination you'd want on a 2wd, after this photo was took, i did drive out in 2H but almost needed 4wd, doesnt help that the only weight in the back atm is another set of tires. these vibrate a bit, i didnt ask for it but they only put weights on the inboard side of the tire, i would have prefered a normal "full balance". and the right rear has a huge amout of weight on it, over 5 oz i think. not sure if the vibration is just from that tire or all 4. its worse around 20-40, not to noticeable at 55-65. i might pull them and go somewhere to have a full normal balance done on them.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
looks good, hope you get the vibration figured out.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Might have to bead balance that one tire.
Randy
Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 PM
4xford

im going to look into bead balancing. i read that this particular brand of rims have had issues with balancing. (too bad i got the info about that after the fact!) the brand is bart wheels. they are very heavily built, 1/4" thick center section, not sure what the rimshell thickness is. they are dot approved, the other 3 rims that dont have alot of balance weight have just one weight, maybe 1.5 oz at the most. wonder if the tire was broke down and put back on 180 degrees would make a differance? hard to know if its a tire or rim problem. hate the thought of swapping tires back and forth again, but id much rather do it myself than have the tires either put back on too tight or loose.....id have my own mounting machine and balancer if they didnt coast so much....

Old 03-15-2014, 10:36 PM
4xford

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...0&disp=safe&zw
heres a link to the picture of the tire with all the excessive weights on it, i did put a bead of silicone on due to it looking like the weights could come off. not sure if its because the rim material is thicker than normal or if it was just a poor job done by the "tire guy". is it maybe possible my added silicone could have affected things enough to cause a out of balance condition? i might cut away the rtv with a razor knife and see if that helps....