Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Electrical

Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM

lakvoodoo is on a distinguished road
Fuse keeps blowing......???

I've got a 6.0 PS Diesel which for the most part I've taken immaculate care of. That said, I think I might've knocked something loose offroad a few weeks ago. Since then, FUSE #27 (15amp) which is the "Ignition Switch Run feed", keeps blowing.

I'll switch it out and everything works fine but only for about 5-7 starts, then it blows out again. (This blowout causes: (1) blinker to fail after about 3 starts; (2) reverse sensor/beeper to stop after about 5 starts; and (3) A/C to only blow out of defroster vent after about 5 starts.) As soon as I ppop in the new 15amp fuse, everything works fine again.

You guys have any suggestions? While I can easily keep switching out the fuses, this is only a 'bandaid' for something bigger that's wrong, plus I dont want an even bigger problem. I'd really rather avoid going to a dealership and having to drop big buck$ for something that I might be able to fix myself. Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakvoodoo View Post
I've got a 6.0 PS Diesel which for the most part I've taken immaculate care of. That said, I think I might've knocked something loose offroad a few weeks ago. Since then, FUSE #27 (15amp) which is the "Ignition Switch Run feed", keeps blowing.

I'll switch it out and everything works fine but only for about 5-7 starts, then it blows out again. (This blowout causes: (1) blinker to fail after about 3 starts; (2) reverse sensor/beeper to stop after about 5 starts; and (3) A/C to only blow out of defroster vent after about 5 starts.) As soon as I ppop in the new 15amp fuse, everything works fine again.

You guys have any suggestions? While I can easily keep switching out the fuses, this is only a 'bandaid' for something bigger that's wrong, plus I dont want an even bigger problem. I'd really rather avoid going to a dealership and having to drop big buck$ for something that I might be able to fix myself. Thanks much.
what year is it? f250-350-excursion?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM

lakvoodoo is on a distinguished road
It's a 2005 Excursion (6.0 PS Diesel).

And a new thing I discovered today actually: I switched the fuse and as usual everything started working fine immediately. Without turning the truck off at all, the blinker stopped working after about 15 mins (after 5-6 times). Hrmmm???
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
look for one of these cirquits to be shorting.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:42 PM

Yorlan02 is on a distinguished road
Hi i have the same issue. Did you ever find out what was the cause for the fuse to keep blowing? Please let me know thank you