Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone in NH,VT please speak up

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey welcome to the site! where abouts in NH do you reside? im in the Manchester/Nashua NH area

about time i see another NH person on here haha

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Just north of Montpelier, VT.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
I was in Manchester last week, and I'll be there again in the A.M. of 1/20. Then back home to Illinois.

oh really? what are you hear for? hell we should grab a bite to eat if you've got the time. just give me a call at 603-four four zero - 5246 if you've got the time

FTF'er
I'm picking up a load of cupcakes/donuts or something from Freed's Bakery on Pepsi Road in Manchester (I'm typing this while sitting at their dock waiting for them to come in at 6:00).

I appreciate the breakfast offer, but I won't have time to hang out after getting loaded because I need to get rolling ASAP to make my delivery appointment in Illinois. I'll be out here quite often though to pick up from Freed's, so we'll be able to plan ahead some time and meet up.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok cool man. i actually know exactly where you are haha. i live about 7 miles south of that. just off the Everette Turnipike. just let me know when you got some time....oh and welcome to my great state :beer:

FTF'er
I'll be leaving later today with a 2 stop load starting in New York somewhere, then I pick up again at Freed's Bakery.

Until recently, the farthest northeast I've been was I-80 in PA, and to NYC a few times. The NH, CT, and ME area is a lot different than I thought it would be.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The NH, CT, and ME area is a lot different than I thought it would be.

In a good way or a bad way?

I grew up around here, so I'm used to it...but I know the northeast isn't a real popular area with a lot of truck drivers.

Too many cities, too much traffic, and too few truck stops.....I can kinda see what they don't like.

FTF'er
In a good way or a bad way?
Neither really, but it's a little easier up there than I thought it would be.

The lack of truck stops really sucks, so I just go to the shipper/receiver and park there and make sure my fuel is full before I go in.

The people up in Maine have a strange accent and it was difficult to understand them at first.

People dress super-nice compared to folks from my area. The people are also very friendly.

The Domino's Pizza in South Portland, Me can make a killer triple cheese and peperoni pizza!

LOT'S OF SNOW! But there are also a lot of nice snow plows out working. Another thing I noticed about the snow up there... there are no tire tracks in the ditches from idiots sliding off the road. When it snows down here, you can't drive more than a mile or two without seeing tracks in the snow where someone wiped out.

Overall it's an alright place so far.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Neither really, but it's a little easier up there than I thought it would be.

The lack of truck stops really sucks, so I just go to the shipper/receiver and park there and make sure my fuel is full before I go in.

The people up in Maine have a strange accent and it was difficult to understand them at first.

People dress super-nice compared to folks from my area. The people are also very friendly.

The Domino's Pizza in South Portland, Me can make a killer triple cheese and peperoni pizza!

LOT'S OF SNOW! But there are also a lot of nice snow plows out working. Another thing I noticed about the snow up there... there are no tire tracks in the ditches from idiots sliding off the road. When it snows down here, you can't drive more than a mile or two without seeing tracks in the snow where someone wiped out.

Overall it's an alright place so far.

well thanks for the compliment about my state:beer:

yeah the people up here actually know how to drive in the snow for the most part. as for truck stops i know of 2 that you can stop in. ones in my town (Merrimack NH) called Bon Bon's Truck Stop. it has really good food, a shower, bathroom, a seating area with tvs. and a place out back to park the truck and trailer. the food there is pretty good too. i used to work at the dealership across the street from there and went there a lot.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...-71.484518&spn=0.035255,0.077162&z=14&iwloc=A

i can find a few more places for ya if you would like. just let me know. the popular radio stations up here are 97.5 and 102.5 for country. rock 101.1 and WAAF 107.3 for rock and 92.1 and 92.9 play everything rock/alternative. if you have any questions as to places to eat/sleep or anything like that just let me know...ive lived in this state my whole life smiliepeelout smilieeatndrink

FTF'er
Thanks for all the info! I'm stuck up here until Weds morning! I'm at exit 5 off of 93 right now, but plan to migrate to Bon Bons in the morning and remain there throughout the day until tomorrow night, then go park at the bakery so I'm the first one to load the next morning.

Hi guys. I used to live in Randolph vermont, but I moved to Gilmanton Ironworks, NH about a year ago. I lived out in Ca. for 16 years before VT., but I am a native New Englander. Born and raised in CT., did my 4 years in the AF and got out in CA. Glad I am back in the good 'ol new england area!

Ford Truck Articles