Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Trailers, Towing and RV's

Trailers, Towing and RV's If you can pull it, discuss it here.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Something I noticed on our trailer fridge, is that the inside of the trailer smelled like chlorine last time after our little camping trip. The fridge was off(gas off) but I left the fridge door closed until I got home. The odor disappeared after the fridge door was left open and the trailer was aired out.

It smelled just like the fumes from combining nitric acid and hydrochloric acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2016, 10:47 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Thats kinda odd...what were you eating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:47 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
That wasn't the response I expected.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
...... if I wind up keeping this RV.......
After all the work you've done I can't believe I'm reading this. Unless there's something ugly lurking (rotten wood, for example).

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 05-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Oilfield Trash

mrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I agree...seems the issue is the thickness (or lack of) of the tubes. There are a few places along with the Amish ones that offer the thicker copper tubes.
The absorbtions do work well and use minimal propane...but don't they have a maximum amount they will cool? (differential)?
I don't think so, ammonia or isopentane is what is used in Air Separation Units because it works so much better than any regular refrigerant, (plus is usually made in the facility) but the coils are considered a coded vessel requiring 1.5X pressure test certs, as well as 100% xray. Our fridge is cold weather on propane or 120vac. Many very large chillers are Ammonia as well.

Quote:
Had to look that up, never really cared for that type of music.

Lester

08 F350 PSD Lariet, CC, LWB, 4X4, DRW, White
Stock

When Dodge and GM build something that will compete with the F450, we'll talk.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Oilfield Trash

mrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Something I noticed on our trailer fridge, is that the inside of the trailer smelled like chlorine last time after our little camping trip. The fridge was off(gas off) but I left the fridge door closed until I got home. The odor disappeared after the fridge door was left open and the trailer was aired out.

It smelled just like the fumes from combining nitric acid and hydrochloric acid.
You can use Litmus Paper around the tubes and condenser ( you need to remove some insulation) to check for a leak if you just want to be sure. RV service guy showed me how to do it before resetting the thermocouple relay.

Quote:

Lester

Stock

Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
You can use Litmus Paper around the tubes and condenser ( you need to remove some insulation) to check for a leak if you just want to be sure. RV service guy showed me how to do it before resetting the thermocouple relay.
Thank you. I'm assuming the pH would be high if there is a leak?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Oilfield Trash

If Ammonia is present it will turn the paper blue, but the paper needs to be wet.

Quote:

Lester

Stock

Old 05-20-2016, 07:18 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
After all the work you've done I can't believe I'm reading this. Unless there's something ugly lurking (rotten wood, for example).
Nothing rotten lurking. It's like anything else...I just never seem to have the time to use stuff....which was the main reason I didn't go with a more expensive unit.

Quote:
I don't think so, ammonia or isopentane is what is used in Air Separation Units because it works so much better than any regular refrigerant, (plus is usually made in the facility) but the coils are considered a coded vessel requiring 1.5X pressure test certs, as well as 100% xray. Our fridge is cold weather on propane or 120vac. Many very large chillers are Ammonia as well.
Yeah, not sure where I got that from, maybe thinking the Koolatron type units that only have a fixed differential.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 05-23-2016, 08:17 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Spent the day cleaning, didn't get much more done than the dash area, it was pretty grimey.

Austin will probably shit, but that Mr. Clean magic erasor worked amazingly well.

I have to pull the knobs off and clean them.

Should have taken pics of what it looked like before.

Quote:
Quote: