Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Trailers, Towing and RV's

Trailers, Towing and RV's If you can pull it, discuss it here.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:31 PM

JoeM will become famous soon enough
Information Request: ALL SEASON TOPPER

All SEASONS TOPPER: " Features solid, durable wood construction, 72" awning-type windows, fiberglass insulation, pre-finished paneling. 12V light, safety glass, deluxe vinyl trim moldings, SMOOTH-SLIDE roll-up door, lifetime enameled aluminum exterior. Sturdy, light-weight aluminum shells also available. Both models manufactured for all popular truck brands".

Found this on craigslist last spring, mine would be the light-weight aluminum shell style mentioned above.. I think.

The post card shows a 73-79 with the topper following the angle of the back window. From the little bit of back story from the seller, I believe mine might be for pre 1973 trucks and mine doesn't follow the back window angle like the photo.

Anyone know anything about these??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2016, 01:38 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Only way to tell is to get the actual manufacturer and the PN to track down what you actually have. There were literally a couple dozen different manufacturers offering 'all season toppers' during the era. Some paid more attention to detail than others, and thusly a better a fit and finish.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 10-31-2016, 01:48 PM

JoeM will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
Only way to tell is to get the actual manufacturer and the PN to track down what you actually have. There were literally a couple dozen different manufacturers offering 'all season toppers' during the era. Some paid more attention to detail than others, and thusly a better a fit and finish.
I believe the actual manufacturer is "All Seasons" , that's not just an advertising slogan.

I could find the PN, but it would be irrelevant until I find out about the company.

Any information appreciated.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:08 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
I believe the actual manufacturer is "All Seasons" , that's not just an advertising slogan.

I could find the PN, but it would be irrelevant until I find out about the company.

Any information appreciated.
These are contradicting statements. If you're confident the name of the manufacturer is 'All Seasons', then the PN becomes relevant.

Also, if the name of the manufacturer isn't 'All Seasons'...the PN can be beneficial in a google search. I'd think the PN is actually more important than the company.

Usually these toppers have a plaque riveted/adhered on somewhere inside, or a sticker on the window. Anything without those specifics, is just a guess. I have at least 10 brochures for 'toppers' in the 73-79 era, they all have an 'all season topper' (which makes me question that as the brand name) and I have several 73-79 ford truck conversion company brochures that have 'all season toppers' as well.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben