Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Trailers, Towing and RV's

Trailers, Towing and RV's If you can pull it, discuss it here.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Took the camper on its maiden voyage yesterday/today. Spent the night at the Tongue River Reservoir. We were the only ones below the damn camping. The fishing sucked because the water was so low, but it was still nice to get out. Everything went okay with no problems. Bighorn Mountains, here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Oilfield Trash

mrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, that's what it's all about Doug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Had to look that up, never really cared for that type of music.

Lester

08 F350 PSD Lariet, CC, LWB, 4X4, DRW, White
Stock

When Dodge and GM build something that will compete with the F450, we'll talk.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Doug! But there seems to be a non ford product in the pic

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Oilfield Trash

mrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond repute
Ford had a hard enough time with the 6.0, you expected them to make campers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Had to look that up, never really cared for that type of music.

Lester

08 F350 PSD Lariet, CC, LWB, 4X4, DRW, White
Stock

When Dodge and GM build something that will compete with the F450, we'll talk.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Awesome, that's what it's all about Doug.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCab View Post
Awesome Doug! But there seems to be a non ford product in the pic
I was hoping no one would notice. . If it would have been in the foreground, I would have expected the ban hammer.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Ford had a hard enough time with the 6.0, you expected them to make campers?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Cool pics Doug.

Pfft on the 6.0...ask Frank about mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

I took a look at the trailer brakes yesterday, since I wasn't sure if they worked. I jacked up one axle and applied the brakes, and the trailer wheel still turned, even with the brake controller turned all the way up. I also did the same thing with a wheel on the other side, but the opposite axle. I pulled one of the drums and everything looked fairly new, so I put the drum back on and started looking for electrical problems. I pulled one of the positive wires at one of the brakes, and got 7 volts, since the brake wasn't applied all the way(Brick on the pedal).

I was then confused. When I tested the voltage on the positive wire to the brake, I had used the spring as my negative connection. So, out of desperation, I checked the continuity of the negative wire from the brake wiring to the spring, and I got infinite.

Oh crap! I followed the ground wire all the way up to the front of the trailer where it disappeared into a junction box. There was a wire nut to join the ground wire from the 7pin connector to the brake wire. I pulled on the wire going to the brakes and it pulled out easily, so no ground to brakes, hence, no brakes. The two wires were soldered together, then covered with a waterproof wire nut. I now have brakes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2016, 07:27 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Nice that it was an easy fix...people and wiring are nothing short of mind boggling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

^^^Agreed.

Quote:
Quote: