Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

just bought a 94 f150

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i take my truck to the back side of my property and through my pasture alot....theres ALOT of mesquite trees/ bushes and small cactus outhere in north tx so id rather b safe than pissed

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ive had many a flat 4 wheeler tire flattened due to prickly pear n mesquite thorns out there

I agree w/ Skam the gaterback is a good belt..

i take my truck to the back side of my property and through my pasture alot....theres ALOT of mesquite trees/ bushes and small cactus outhere in north tx so id rather b safe than pissed

And yeah, if you own property in Texas than you need a decent tire..

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ive got 12 acres that my house is on and 300 acres we raise angus and brahma on ...i go out regularly w the 96 f350 and herelately my 84 n 94 to check stuff out and feed so i need the tires...cuz i dont wanna wind up dead in the water

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
sooo....bought the gatorback and still a squeekin'.....im gna clean the pulleys in the mornin :/

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
uhh..dude talkin catle is great...but find a cow forum if we r gna take the thred to cows...and they r funny i kno....snd it only squeeks on cold starts and accelerations ...its prolly (hopefully) somethin obvious and simple...or when ive had my foot in the throttle too much (doin 75 most the way to town)..ill look at the pullys...i noticed a lil residue from the dressing and soap i scraped a lil off with a screw driver and i plan on cleanin em really good tomorrow..hopefully thatll help

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im thinking ill just scrape it all out w sum kinda pic instead of usin sum kinda chemical or degreaser that could leave its own slippery residue

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
im thinking ill just scrape it all out w sum kinda pic instead of usin sum kinda chemical or degreaser that could leave its own slippery residue

You will need to use some kind of solvent to remove the last bits of residue. Use something that doesn't leave a residue behind-- something alcohol or petroleum based. I generally use brake parts cleaner for that kind of stuff.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
brake parts cleaner would prolly work great now that i think of it......and the auto shop has an abundance of it

Ford Truck Articles