Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Going to purchase a 1963 F250. What should I know?

Hi all, I am going to purchase a 1963 F250. Body is in great shape, no rust. New engine, new brakes, fleetside with side tool box. It is NOT the unibody. Offered to me for $3500.

Seems like a great deal, needs paint refreshing and a new seat cosmetically, mechanically I'll know more Friday.

Any advice? TIA

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hi all, I am going to purchase a 1963 F250. Body is in great shape, no rust. New engine, new brakes, Styleside (fleetside is a Chevrolet) with side tool box. It is NOT the unibody. Offered to me for $3500.

Seems like a great deal, needs paint refreshing and a new seat cosmetically, mechanically I'll know more Friday.
Solid front axle with leaf springs, steering shaft goes directly into the gearbox, anemic 12 1/8" x 2" front/rear drum brakes.

There's no parts from any other truck that can be swapped to add P/S and/or disc brakes.

Engines swaps are another issue, due to how the engine is mounted in these trucks.

Solid front axle with leaf springs, steering shaft goes directly into the gearbox, anemic 12 1/8" x 2" front/rear drum brakes.

There's no parts from any other truck that can be swapped to add P/S and/or disc brakes.

Engines swaps are another issue, due to how the engine is mounted in these trucks.

Are the challenges you state specific to 1963 or all Gen 4 F250 4x4s?

Ford Truck Articles