Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Super Cab Seat Problems

I haven't deleved into this problem yet but I have seat problem on the drivers side of a Split back seat in my SC.

It keeps going back further with little effort making me reach for the steering wheel.
Anyone have an idea what wears and causes this problem?

I've never had it happen before.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Almost sounds like something is bending gradually.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would agree with buck maybe something is bending or metal is cracked? On my 73 I have a broken bracket on seat back from rust. Not sure how the back of the seat had rust. Maybe you have a similiar problem on a support bracket. Or if you mean the whole seat slides back maybe seat track release is disconnected on driver side causing it to slide back. But I would think that would be more than gradual.

This is new to me: trying to answer your questions. It's usually the other way around :wavey:

Last edited:
No just the seat back.

It lays in proper position when laid back gently,
when I lean on it slightly it is fine, when I either round a corner quick ,pull out quick or Harley jumps on the seat back..it falls back about another 4".

My arms aren't that long to drive normal then.

Fellro

Staff member
Sounds like my dad's truck, the seat back tilts back too far for him, but is good for me, but if you just let it back, it sits further forward because the latch is resting in front of the pin, I have to manually lift the latch for it to go back further, just too straight for my back if I don't.

Ford Truck Articles