Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Hobbies

Hobbies For non-truck related hobbies

Old 12-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Decided to poke around the Go Cart

since my water pump for the truck wont arrive till Wednesday... i decided to poke around the go-cart some... been smelling like its been burning oil and found out why and running rich... pulled the valve cover to see the oils looking a bit milky.. so ill need to change that... not sure why since its an air cooled engine... thinking the fuels mixing with the oil... when i pulled the air filter i discovered that the filter box has filled with the mix of oil and fuel as was the carb....

originally thought the oil was coming from the crank case breather tube but it was bone dry (ntm dry rotted where it connected to the engine so replaced it).. then decided to pull the spark plugs

they sure were oil fouled.. its been back firing a bit lately too so the oil may be why... wasnt sure if it was a blow by issue with the piston rings or if it was the valve stem seals so decided to run a compression test

based off the compression readings im pretty sure its not a blow by or compression issue.. so its most likely the valve stem seals... oils leaking down and running out the intake and into the cylinders..

cleaned up the plugs and regapped them since they were pretty new before i put them back in... ill need to change the oil soon as possible.. just need a nice day to do it... nice thing is when i popped the valve cover it was nice and clean in there still (cleaner than it had been really) but the oil was definitely milky...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2018, 06:23 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Those were wet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Those were wet!
yup... as was the intake box...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 12-23-2018, 12:47 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
How often is the cart driven ?
Also ,could it be just built up compensation from temp changes an pressure?

I service lawn equipment ,an the most common mistakes that people make when they add oil ,is they add too much ,make sure you put the proper level
amount of oil!

But that may not be your case ,because I know you know better!...

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 12-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
How often is the cart driven ?
Also ,could it be just built up compensation from temp changes an pressure?

I service lawn equipment ,an the most common mistakes that people make when they add oil ,is they add too much ,make sure you put the proper level
amount of oil!

But that may not be your case ,because I know you know better!...
oils right on the dot for fill... it gets used almost daily to get the mail at the end of the driveway all year lol.. but in the summers its ran for a few hrs at a time almost constantly to clean up the yard and other stuff.. its a little work horse then... in the winters not so much... its been running rich too.. need to figure out how to adjust that carb...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 12-23-2018, 07:43 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
oils right on the dot for fill... it gets used almost daily to get the mail at the end of the driveway all year lol.. but in the summers its ran for a few hrs at a time almost constantly to clean up the yard and other stuff.. its a little work horse then... in the winters not so much... its been running rich too.. need to figure out how to adjust that carb...
Is that an over head valve engine?
Just curious on what they put in golf carts!...

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 12-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
Is that an over head valve engine?
Just curious on what they put in golf carts!...
Depends on the motor... there are some that have pushrods... but that particular one is OHV and OHC.. similar to motorcycle engine... just instead of a chain it uses a rubber belt to keep the timing.. but like a diesel RPM wise its controlled not to go over 4000 RPM...

safety wise theyre not supposed to go faster than 25mph without a seat belt.. faster than that they supposed to have them.. but the governor is easy to get around with a couple crescent wrenches lol so mine goes a bit faster right now lol... for the year of ours there was 2 options 295cc or the 350cc... mines the 295...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus