Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey Duncan, you lucky dog!!!!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Who would have ever guessed (cough, cough) the void caused by target leaving would be promptly filled by..........

Wal-Mart to buy former Canadian Target stores
From Wire Reports

NEW YORK – Wal-Mart, already Canada’s biggest retailer, wasted little time in cementing that title after its rival Target retreated back to the U.S.

The company is buying 13 former Target stores and one distribution center and said it will hire 3,400 new employees. It is spending $290 million to buy and renovate the stores and said that will create 1,500 construction jobs.

Target Corp. closed the last of its 133 Canadian stores in April after a rough two-year venture into the country. It laid off more than 17,000 people and took more than $5 billion in charges.

A number of retailers have struggled in Canada because of regulatory pressures and competition from Wal-Mart and others. Big Lots Inc. and Best Buy Co. have both closed stores in Canada. Sony Corp. closed all of its 14 stores.

*Source: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/may/09/in-brief-wal-mart-to-buy-former-canadian-target/

So WallyWorld is the biggest retailer up there. Sad, a store filled with mediocre merchandise, much of which was made in china. FWIW and IIRC, 20% of US imports from china go to wally world. :(

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The Target fiasco pisses me right off....they were given a pile of incentives (aka my tax dollars) to set up and then screwed everyone in the ear....lots of suppliers as well.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Well Duncan, look at the bright size. A guy can go to WalMart, buy a set of tires for his pickup, some rib eye steaks to BBQ, beer, trojans, rope, black gloves, duct tape, and down here, a rifle and ammo. All in the same day, in the same trip.

*Who needs Best Buy for stereo gear anyway, who could complain about a Dual or a Kicker. :rofl2:

Well Duncan, look at the bright size. A guy can go to WalMart, buy a set of tires for his pickup, some rib eye steaks to BBQ, beer, trojans, rope, black gloves, duct tape, and down here, a rifle and ammo. All in the same day, in the same trip.

*Who needs Best Buy for stereo gear anyway, who could complain about a Dual or a Kicker. :rofl2:

Now that's a phrase the FBI web intercept team will pick up on Bill :):)

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Now that's a phrase the FBI web intercept team will pick up on Bill :):)

And then do what, get an oil change instead of the new tires? :..............................

**US Constitution, First Amendment.

****US Constitution, Fifth Amendment.

In theory, safeguards in writing. :) :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like Lowe's is taking some stores as well.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
So that's who was attempting to follow me in the black Chevy Suburban with the Caddy stickers on it. It ended when I ran a yellow light, but a semi wiped them out in the middle of the intersection. :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^see any black helicopters?

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
No copters, but surely by now, thanks to the Stingray technology that NSA is (or, as of last Friday and in theory, was) using, they probably have the contact list and some (very boring) text messages off my phone. Same with pics, if they collect that *evidence*.

This thread took a wide right turn. lol. Sorta back onto the subject. I'm not sure in Alberta, but in Ontario we can't buy beer in retail stores. We have the Beer Store (actual name) for that. I always thought Westfair (loblaws) was Canada's biggest retailer. Or maybe its Canada's largest food retailer.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
A thread here get off track....say it ain't so....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No beer in retail stores but all liquor stores are private and open late...2-3am if you are in a pinch.

And there are piles of them, think we have nearly 30 in my town.

Something is wrong when a thread doesn't go off track. We have a LCBO, for the hard stuff, and The Beer Store for beer. There are Wine Racks in the grocery stores. Every thing is closed down by 10pm. They are all government controlled. The Mac's wants bad to sell beer, but we have stopped them.

Ford Truck Articles