Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Powerstroke Headgaskets Replacement Pictoral Step by Step

blacksnapon

Staff member
Got an 04 superduty in my bay now. Gonna have a lot in this one. Head gaskets, egr cooler, oil cooler, turbo reconditioning. I'm going to try and get pics for a step-by-step procedure.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Out of warranty or in? Second question, do you know the owners personal habits? Third question, are you going to do studs if out of warranty? I understand the ramifications of EPA systems and dealer techs, but is it going to be a stock rebuild or a 100K guarntee as not repeat offender. I know you know what your doing, however that is not what Ford or IH necessarily has in mind. Off topic I am going to PM you to bounce a few things off you.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Oh and btw, looking foreward to the step by step.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Touche' there are a bunch of good 6.0's out there. :) Disregaurd post number 2 and get to wrenching and videoing. smilieFordlogo

Off Topic, PM sent.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
My brother in laws 05 6.0 is in need of headgaskets it's a stock 6.0 with 60k on it out of warrenty by time. He tows a camper with it. Will be doing this one at home. This just may be me Vince but I see more bad headgaskets on trucks that tow alot then ones who don't.? How about you. And my guess is that it's caused by the constant "boost" it's under during towing.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Subscribing. I'd like to see a step by step instruction.

Ford Truck Articles