Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Service not done at a dealership?

I'll try to keep this short, I took my 2003 SD in for fluid changes. Front/rear diff, tranny, transfer, brake, power steering and coolant. Got my truck back and the rear diff cover had been R/R as it had sealant oozing out. The front diff had not been touched, the brake calipers have not been touched $nor was the transfer case. Now from the little research I have done it looks pretty much impossible to flush the brakes without leaving some kind of mark on the calipers. Same goes for the transfer case, it looks the same as when I dropped it off. Unless they can drain the fluid without spilling a drop anywhere? I can't tell if the steering fluid has been changed, I plan on sticking my finger in there today to have a look at he color. Is it possible to flush out theses item without leaving a teach of it anywhere? And yes this was a large Ford dealership.

blacksnapon

Staff member
the new flush machines for differentials go in through the fill hole and vacuum fluid out. The rear one is easy to remove the cover and drain. Transfer case is the same. The brake flush machines hook up to the master cyl fill cap and the bleeder screws.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts