Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1956 Ford COE Newbie

Hey all,

I just purchased a 1956 Ford COE. It is being delivered tomorrow and I am sure I am gonna need some help. This is my first classic truck and boy did I go big! I just love the COE's. Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated. I live in Oregon so if there are any other COE owners around I would love to meet you and see your rigs. I am also looking for some parts. I need the back windshield and I am sure much more. The truck seems pretty complete. A little rust in the normal places but not too bad. I am also wondering which parts are compatible from the regular F series trucks to my truck? I am new at this so please feel free to teach me. Thanks in advance!
photo.php

How do I post pics?

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I would love to post pics but it keeps just asking me for URL? Is that the only way to post pics on here? Sorry I am new to forums and trying to learn. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF.

If you go to the "gallery" on the top toolbar and click on it, another page will appear and at the top right of that page there will be an "upload photos" tab.

Click on that and another page will appear and you will see where it asks you to browse your computer for pictures.

Then when you have selected those images...click on the "upload" tab at the bottom...then when they have processed, copy the "BB" code and paste it in your thread.

I find it useful to keep 2 or 3 tabs up of the Forum.

Thank you DNFXDLI. Here are some pics. I can post more later tonight if anyone has specific things they would like to see. I am off to dinner. Thanks again for the help with the pics!

GOPR0015.jpg

GOPR0020.jpg

GOPR0017.jpg

GOPR0022.jpg

GOPR0014.jpg

GOPR0023.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You are welcome...looks like a nice solid truck! smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Last edited:
Thanks for all the welcomes! We are going to try and see if she starts tomorrow. It has a little bit of rust in the usual places but all in all a very solid truck. Thank you for posting the parts manual. I just ordered a shop manual as well.

Does anyone know if the cab corners are different dimensions on these cabovers than the standard trucks? I have been assuming that they are different. Just wondering if the cab corner panels available out there will work for this truck or if I need to do my own fabrication? I have not been able to find much info on these COE's and how different they are from the F series models. Also wondering if I can use standard floor board replacement panels as well.

I would also appreciate hearing others experiences with COE's and getting to know any parts guys out there that may have parts for this truck. Thanks again to all who have welcomed me here. This is a great site! I can't wait till I have more time to look through all of the feeds.

All the best,

Damion

Ford Truck Articles