Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Memorial Day

Hello everybody and hope you all had a great Memorial Day holiday. On Monday my wife and I drove the dent to my brother-in-laws farm up near Gordonsville, Tennessee. Karen's sister asked if we could bring a table and 8 chairs and the '73 was the perfect truck for the purpose. I took some photos for you to see and it was a beautiful day! Cook-out always tastes better out of doors and with good friends and family. :)

Donald

Attachments

• f 4.jpg
  • f 1.jpg
  • f 2.jpg
  • f 3.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hello everybody and hope you all had a great Memorial Day holiday. On Monday my wife and I drove the dent to my brother-in-laws farm up near Gordonsville, Tennessee. Karen's sister asked if we could bring a table and 8 chairs and the '73 was the perfect truck for the purpose. I took some photos for you to see and it was a beautiful day! Cook-out always tastes better out of doors and with good friends and family. :)

Donald
Looks awesome. ....the truck blends in well with the grass! [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^looks like you had good weather also.

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

Pulled the bed yesterday. Got the old tank out, the fuel lines for it, the hitch, and all the old exhaust hangars. I started grinding and wire wheeling the frame. Going to get it coated the fix the rust on the bed before it goes back on. That will get coated and bedlined once it's reinstalled. Pulled the glass packs back off so it is now straight pipes under the cab until I get the bed back on and the frame done. Not sure when I'll get the cab floors done or the front half of the frame. I think I'll wait until I find a front clip to swap on... I've decided to gear down to 4.88 for 37s, and im,either going to find a complete parts rig for an efi 460 swap or do the crank/rods and make a 390. Either way it's getting supercharged.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pulled the bed yesterday. Got the old tank out, the fuel lines for it, the hitch, and all the old exhaust hangars. I started grinding and wire wheeling the frame. Going to get it coated the fix the rust on the bed before it goes back on. That will get coated and bedlined once it's reinstalled. Pulled the glass packs back off so it is now straight pipes under the cab until I get the bed back on and the frame done. Not sure when I'll get the cab floors done or the front half of the frame. I think I'll wait until I find a front clip to swap on... I've decided to gear down to 4.88 for 37s, and im,either going to find a complete parts rig for an efi 460 swap or do the crank/rods and make a 390. Either way it's getting supercharged.

That's a lot of work! Any pics? YelloThumbUp

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I just drove mine while my DD 07 Chevy Colorado is in the shop getting a timing issue and check engine light issue resolved, as well as getting it inspected.:(:(

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Changed the oil and took the old BBQ grill to the dump. It is such a pleasure to drive this old truck. It's taken me one year to put 3000 miles on the truck. That's probably a good thing.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Changed the oil and took the old BBQ grill to the dump. It is such a pleasure to drive this old truck. It's taken me one year to put 3000 miles on the truck. That's probably a good thing.

Awesome Doug.......about enjoying the driving.....I feel the same way when I drive mine.

BTW, it took me 6 years to top 3000 miles....unfortunately! :headbang: I blame it on the state I happen to live and work in! :headbang::headbang:

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
I replaced the gauge cluster housing. The old one was flaking and the bulbs wouldn't make good contact anymore. Sure is nice being able to read the gauges in the dark again.

Also added a grab bar on the passenger side. My daughters friends were complaining about how hard it was to climb up in to the truck.smilietease

Attachments

• IMG_5884.JPG
I replaced the gauge cluster housing. The old one was flaking and the bulbs wouldn't make good contact anymore. Sure is nice being able to read the gauges in the dark again.

Also added a grab bar on the passenger side. My daughters friends were complaining about how hard it was to climb up in to the truck.smilietease

That's probably the next step that I need to do on my bump is dash lights.
I rarely drive at night though!

Be careful not to bump your head on that grab bar as your cleaning though ,
I'm notorious of doing that!......:)

Looking good!....YelloThumbUp

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Grab bars are almost essential now and standard on all new trucks and SUV's....not sure how people got along without them.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

I'm curious about your grab bars. Where did you purchase them, and how did you mount them? Those look nice.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Had a chance to put a few miles on the 79 yesterday.....really, really love driving my rigs....it's just rare these days! :headbang:

Mine was running pretty rough, and I suspected the fuel pump was not doing well. Well you know how things snowball...

picture.php

New timing set, fuel pump, and water pump.

picture.php

Nicest looking piece on the truck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The wife helped you in first, then you reached over and pulled her in....
It could be the other way around depending on the size of the wife...

'hiding_smilie':D

Haha....:wasntme:

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
I'm curious about your grab bars. Where did you purchase them, and how did you mount them? Those look nice.

Actually I made that one, glad you like it! Mocked it up out of wood first to get the shape of the parts right and then used that as a pattern for the aluminum. Rough cut with a jig saw then more shaping with a router and final finish with a LOT of sanding. And yes, I used the router on the aluminum.

I sprayed the bar with undercoating to give it some texture for better grip and keep it from being so hot in the summer or cold in the winter.

Right now it is attached to the pillar with screws but if they ever pull out, I'll put in nutserts. The screws I'm using now are temporary, gonna pick up some stainless the next time I think about it.:headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_4085.JPG
  • IMG_5880.JPG
Had a mild draw to the right while driving so I took my 73' to and old guy in town that does alignments. He said that he could not get to my truck till next week but suggested that I flip the front wheels and see what happened. That it might correct the drift or indicate a tire issue rather than mechanical. I had that done and the drift to the right was nearly identical. Took my dent to Firestone where two guys worked on it. They said that the design of the front has a king pin setup and there is not much that can be done to align it but they did the best they could. Toe was perfect. It still drifted right some so using some lead I fabricated a weight that is attached to the left of the steering wheel. Now it tracks straight as an arrow! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts