Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Missing, dead cylinders after tune up

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
'Twas all bargain parts as I am planning on not keeping this truck.

However, I'm thinking I'll grab some AC Delco stuff tomorrow and try again...

stick with AC... thats GM's brand... and tend to work well in them... as i said... GM's are finikey as to their ignition components.. if you were going to something different.. would stay closer to ACCELL or MSD since theyre made to go over factory specs as well as meet closer to how they were actually made..

Bosch is ok too with them.. but theyre ignition parts are hit and miss... Stay clear of the Eco plugs.. they really hate them.. (keep in mind i come from a family of GM lovers... and yet i park fords in his driveway lol)

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Picked up a Delco wire set and finally got a chance to put it on today. Thing runs like a brand new one. Still a GM, but not bad :D

Yet another case of brand new parts being defective.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My brother (Plumberrob) went through something similar with his GM stepvan this week....bad coil from the parts store.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree....he was pissed.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Picked up a Delco wire set and finally got a chance to put it on today. Thing runs like a brand new one. Still a GM, but not bad :D

Yet another case of brand new parts being defective.

i say it was more a case of non-gm brand parts... GM's are finikey with their parts... AC Delco is partially owned by GM.. and is why they use them..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts