Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2007 5.4 Fuel Pump or Cats

So my truck is starting to feel a bit sluggish and I have to put the pedal to the floor to get it to move. Also MPG is terrible.
Question: Is this something replacing the gas tank fuel pump will fix or could it possibly be clogged cats? Truck starts and runs fine and no codes at all. 129k miles on it well maintained. Also rail fuel filter replaced. Thank you in advance
smilieFordlogo

blacksnapon

Staff member
So my truck is starting to feel a bit sluggish and I have to put the pedal to the floor to get it to move. Also MPG is terrible.
Question: Is this something replacing the gas tank fuel pump will fix or could it possibly be clogged cats? Truck starts and runs fine and no codes at all. 129k miles on it well maintained. Also rail fuel filter replaced. Thank you in advance
smilieFordlogo
Yes and no. Fuel pump, only if its got low fuel pressure. Cats, only if the exhaust is plugged. Diagnostics are required.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Specification
Fuel Pressure
Engine running 193-310 kPa (28-45 psi)
Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO) 240-310 kPa (35-45 psi)
OEM on the exhaust unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money.

Thank you Blacksnapon for your help.....I know it's gonna cost for the exhaust but I'm gonna end up paying in fuel costs anyway. I love my truck and it's in really great shape for 2007 with 130k miles. DIY as much as I can because I love to learn and love to maintain my own as much as possible. Just looking for solutions to performance and gas milage.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts