Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rewind.

Hey all, new guy here (actually Guy, but friends call me Mack). I am in the process of getting this beauty, hopefully with in the next few weeks. I have been watching it for several years. My girlfriend (she approves) and I were Jeep riding Saturday afternoon and I saw a fellow in the yard. So I pulled in the drive to ask if it was for sale. He said he didn't know, but hollered at another guy, who yelled back, "Give me $1500.".. I almost Jizzed...

I had a 66 when I was a kid, that I got from my Dad (he insist it was a 65), any how, I failed to pay for it, so he sold it...My loss. I will try to find a picture of it.

This truck is pretty solid other than the tailgate and drivers floor (new pan included). Everything is there along with a lot of new parts, but it has been sitting for quite a while. There is a newer 302 under the hood and an automatic in the bed.

It will be a long term project as I have a few others going on..

List of projects.
New house (Hope to be in before Christmas)
Jeep (mine D.D. mostly bolt on goodies)
65 G.T.O. (Mom's she is 82, so I am the caretaker)
83 Toyota (woods truck, always something to do)
65 F100 (CANNOT wait to get it home)

Best friends projects that I am also involved with..
79 CJ-5 (frame up rebuild.. all over my shop and the county at this time)
79 Trans Am (it has been in a back yard body shop to be painted for 5 yrs.)
69 Charger (Jared has been watching this car for 30 years, got it last month)

We have enough to keep us busy for a while..

The 65 F100 Custom Cab

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF, looking forward to seeing your progress on the truck!

Welcome to FTF, looking forward to seeing your progress on the truck!

Thanks.. Can't wait to get it going. I was going to tear it down completely and start over. But I think I will get it driving first, then do it in steps, that way I can enjoy it a little more.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Tearing it down completely can be time consuming!

This is true.. I have done the Yota twice, once when I got it and after I let my son use it for about a year. I also had a 79 Ford 4x4 I rebuilt years ago..

Well after a short and VERY WILD ride, I got the old girl home. My Buddy helped me by pulling it up out of the sellers drive way. As we topped the crest of the driveway, I discovered what the term "no brakes" means. Down the hill we went, backwards. Fortunately the guardian angels were on my side. A quick cut of the wheel and we were off the embankment... Again luck kicked in and the tow strap snapped and down the embankment we went, forward.. We came to rest at the bottom, straight and unscathed.

When we all settled down, I winched it up on to the dolly for the ride home.. We made it without any more issues.

Thanks guys, hopefully I will get some time this weekend to do an inventory and start a shopping list. This will be a slow process due to other projects already in the works.

Dug up some pictures of my old 66 ( Dad says it was a 65) It did have a 66 Grill though.

I was a "rat rodder" before it was cool.. When this picture was taken it had a 350 Pontiac engine and automatic trans. I know, I know, but it was CHEAP and Lord that old mule would FLY...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts