Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F1 at Lake Hill Speedway

Yesterday the St. Louis Racing Fan Club held the ultimate reunion at the old Lake Hill Speedway (I'll post more about that in the sports forum) and among the race cars present was this wonderful 1949 F1 hitched up to a trailer with a 1937 Midget on board.

100_0737Medium.jpg

100_0733Medium.jpg

100_0757Medium.jpg

100_0734Medium.jpg

100_0736Medium.jpg

100_0735Medium.jpg

bobf100

Very cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for that truck when I go to car shows. I don't recall ever seeing it before. Welsh Heating and Cooling has been around St. Louis for a very long time (over 100 years). Beautiful restoration.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Kinda funny though to see that old truck looking like it did back in the day except for the web site address on the sign. lol

Definetly a beautiful pair together though.

Kinda funny though to see that old truck looking like it did back in the day except for the web site address on the sign. lol........

I think it is awesome to see an original looking truck being used for what it was meant for. Everyone hacks them up, drops in "other brand" drivetrains, lowers them, and puts modern wheels.

Its kind of sad when there are around 1,600 trucks in one place (2006 supernats) and only 4 flatheads and 4 Y-blocks.

Thanks for posting the pics. Wish they would bring it to the "Ozarks Run" next summer.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
That little midget has a "souped-up" Ford flat head V8 in it. In it's day, I'll bet it was considered scat f-a-s-t...
So, in your day Goose, it was SUPER f----a----s----t........., right?

What's really scary is, look at the wheel base on that thing! I'll bet it was really squirrely at speed too.

I saw this rig about 5-6 years ago at a show in Ohio:

50_51.jpg

Wouldn't it have been great to see both at the show?
speedaway.gif

Last edited:
I can't believe you have friends with that much class!

Yes, it's true... I know someone BESIDES you.

That's a late forties F1, if I remember correctly. The guy is a John Deere fan, if you can't tell, lol

Wow! Why can't I just stumble across something like that buried in my garage?

Tom: Talk him into bringing it to the "Ozarks Run" (July) in Branson next summer. I want to see that in person and it would win in its class!

I think its early 40s from the grill. I am familiar with the 48+ ones.

I'll mention it to him. I will also try to get over there with something better than my cell for a camera, lol.

Ford Truck Articles