Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Remote start / timer

So it's my first winter up here in the great state of Eastern Montana (yes I believe Eastern Montana and Western Montana are two different states, much like Southern California, LA, and Northern California are all separate states), and the high today was a balmy 37 degrees... Looking for a remote start, preferably with a turbo timer, or a known combination that works. Running a 2014 F250 XLT. My first diesel, not the first remote start I've installed. Thanks in advance..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Viper makes a nice one... the one thats on mine delays till the glowplug light goes off.. and i can kick it back on when i go to "turn the truck off" to let it keep running for 10 minutes before it actually shuts down allowing the turbo to cool...

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Don't have advice on the remote start, but I want to welcome you to the armpit of Montana. I've been here more than 30 years, and have gotten used to it, although winter still sucks.

One thing I have noticed is that people tend to take better care of their vehicles, since they need them to start in below zero weather.

Welcome to FTF!

Ford Truck Articles