Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Winter REALLY SUCKS !!! :(

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Well it's getting to be that time of year where we got to put the babies to bed for Winter, which all I have say about Winter here in Ithaca, NY, is BITE ME!!!! I have a feeling that it will be a long FTF'ed cold winter, for I only have about two weeks left to ride and cruise, and the final cruise or ride will be out to South Lansing NY, and The Lady won't be coming home until the end of April , but she'll come back healthier, with new exhaust manifold gaskets, and getting an oil leak and consumption issues resolved. All I have to say is goodnight sweetheart, it's time for for your long Winter's nap, and I'll see you in the spring. Well I call my truck The Lady, after the high tech helicopter on the TV Show "Airwolf".but before I put her to bed ,I'll have to give her a good thorough bath and hopefully a good wax job, and the usual Winter bedtime prep.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo :headbang: :headbang: :( :(

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well it's getting to be that time of year where we got to put the babies to bed for Winter, which all I have say about Winter here in Ithaca, NY, is BITE ME!!!! I have a feeling that it will be a long FTF'ed cold winter, for I only have about two weeks left to ride and cruise, and the final cruise or ride will be out to South Lansing NY, and The Lady won't be coming home until the end of April , but she'll come back healthier, with new exhaust manifold gaskets, and getting an oil leak and consumption issues resolved. All I have to say is goodnight sweetheart, it's time for for your long Winter's nap, and I'll see you in the spring. Well I call my truck The Lady, after the high tech helicopter on the TV Show "Airwolf".but before I put her to bed ,I'll have to give her a good thorough bath and hopefully a good wax job, and the usual Winter bedtime prep.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo :headbang: :headbang: :( :(

I'm 100% with you on this....man I hate winter.....maybe someday, I'll get a classic that I'll daily drive even in the winter....:headbang:

Oh and I loved that show Airwold when I was a kid.....pretty cool show.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yup, winter's upon us, yuk, lol. I like the change in seasons but dislike all the salt they put on the roads, even when we don't get snow here on the south end of the Island. (if we do it's gone in a day or two) Back to washing the truck every other day.....

Yup....I meant Airwolfe above...:)

Anyways, you wash the undercarriage also, right? Do you treat it before hand?

We treat ours with Amzoils HDMP...an aerosol.

I don't mind seasons, but we basically have two up here.....winter and when it's not winter. I wouldn't mind having all four!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know I've said the last couple winters...but this year, I'm dedicating my weekends to my rigs to make up for the neglect the last couple years.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hahahaha...hurtful.

Even though mine's a 4X2. .it was a trooper in deep snow..ion ice and -45*C
I loved driving it and these days i wish i could use it everyday.
The worst part ..having to clean the snow off it.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Yup....I meant Airwolfe above...:)

Anyways, you wash the undercarriage also, right? Do you treat it before hand?

We treat ours with Amzoils HDMP...an aerosol.

I don't mind seasons, but we basically have two up here.....winter and when it's not winter. I wouldn't mind having all four!

Hi Ken,
yes, I bring the truck to a carwash about 5 minutes away and spray it underneath. (they know me quite well, lol!)
I never have added any treatment (just the undercoating that it came with)
Winter doesn't last long here, they salt the roads then it rains, then salt the roads, then it rains, lol. So I just wait a few days till the roads are rinsed from the salt.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts