Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F350 Booster replacement

I have heard from two sources that the Bendix Napa # 503112 will fit into my 66 F350 allowing me to have new booster and the dual master. Does anyone have experience with this as I need to decide quickly befor parking the 66 befor winter. This one is speced from a 1969 F350.

Diaphragm Type:Dual Diaphragm,Diaphragm Diameter:8 3/4",OE Manufacturer:Bendix,New Components:100% New Seals, Diaphragms And Check Valves

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/candoo/Bendix1_zps50e5273d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/candoo/Bendix_zpsa92a7638.jpg

I put a 69 booster on my 66 but had to add spacers between the booster and firewall to get the pedal to where I liked it but since yours is a 350 it will have the 61 to 64 firewall so I can not be sure on exactly how it will fit. A 69 f350 will have the same firewall as a 100 or 250 so before spending any money on new or reman parts I would try to find a used booster to see how it fits.

I have enlisted the help of a local brake shop who made me a new setup.

New Delco booster, slightly smaller that the orig with the bolt holes are very close to the fire wall bracket orientation. Instead of a rod and rodend there is a threaded shaft which they supplied a rod end that closely matched my orig rod hole. I will have to cut the booster rod and the end rod to obtain correct rod lenght. They will be connected via a threaded coupling.
The fire wall bracket will have to have all of the holes enlarged. The bracket will also have the center portion cut out to accomadate the new boosters end seal.

All this is still on my bench ready to install. In the end....hopefully I will have a new booster and a dual master cylinder setup. The cost was $400 canadian if that matters.

I replaced my stock 1966 F350 booster and master.
All went well with some modfications:
On the fire wall bracket I had to enlarge the booster mounting holes as well as cut out most of the material of the brackets conical support for the old booster. The supplied new rod end and booster rod required cutting to achieve correct distance for brake petal. Once modified it fit perfectly and should provide a dual master setup with less petal effort.

Ford Truck Articles